Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 11:50 AM
DenisLM
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Stage one done with SE all around.
Love the sound of the new Street Cannons. Nice low end, and some bark on throttle, without drone or be annoying. Easy cruise.
The M8 114 feels even better now. Plenty of low rpm torque.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by DenisLM; 03-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (08-20-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 12:26 PM
GreenMonster
Road Master
Received 618 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by DenisLM
Stage one done with SE all around.
Love the sound of the new Street Cannons. Nice low end, and some bark on throttle, without drone or be annoying. Easy cruise.
The M8 114 feels even better now. Plenty of low rpm torque.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu0XJIFg...=132fc9xg6m1az
Is that your phone or camera display on the stem?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:30 PM
DenisLM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Is that your phone or camera display on the stem?
yeap, quad lock with one extra arm and spacer.
I have more pictures of it on my Instagram and in some thread here.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:55 AM
WristpinKnock
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

That's brilliant. One thing I don't care for on the RK is having to look down between my knees whenever I want to check the speedo.
I'd love to find some sort of simple speed display device to mount up where you have your phone...more in the line of sight.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:25 AM
GreenMonster
Road Master
Received 618 Likes on 356 Posts

what app is that?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:50 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by WristpinKnock
That's brilliant. One thing I don't care for on the RK is having to look down between my knees whenever I want to check the speedo.
I'd love to find some sort of simple speed display device to mount up where you have your phone...more in the line of sight.
Find a used Dynojet Power Vision and a handlebar mount. The PV, even if previously married to another bike, can be used for data access to the ECM - Gauges, reading and clearing codes, etc. I have one on each of my two ECM equiped bikes serving as gauges. Speed, tach, battery voltage and engine temp (though the temp gauge causes me more grief then its worth!) - there are another 20 or so values you can also display, but I don't care much for MAP and timing retard, etc. while riding.

You can also change the color of the display. I have black characters on white background for day, and red chars on black for night. I have mine on my handlebars directly in my line of sight. It's really excellent.

Here it is on my Low Rider:

And here on my Road King: (Ignore the extra set of sigs on the bars, I was in the process of removing them when I took this...)

Oil, Gas & Leather (05-05-2020)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Whodeynate
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

This is my current and first Harley, a 96 PE. Been a crotchrocket guy for years until I road my step dad's soft tail. I knew then I had to get a Harley! It is the Carolina blue but the top pic what the plan is for it. Since I'm prior service Army I figured that I have to rock a Military theme and I just love the way a RK looks with that style!

Narddog (05-19-2022)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:25 PM
DenisLM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
what app is that?
Vance and Hines FP3.
I use a FP3 module from my previous bike. (I kept before I left the bike go), and because they are tied to the old VIN it's useless, except for code readings and live monitoring.
You can buy the cheap "Vance and Hines Code Read" and use the same app to have the readings from your bike. I almost did it until I have the idea of the old FP3 module.

Originally Posted by WristpinKnock
My phone is always up there, is discrete enough (compared to a Ram mount in the middle of the handlebar) and alternate between the FP3 app and GPS apps (Google Maps, Waze...)

Last edited by DenisLM; 03-13-2019 at 12:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DenisLM:
cmashark (11-29-2020), Oil, Gas & Leather (05-05-2020)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:29 PM
TStew1
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Vance and Hines FP3.
I use a FP3 module from my previous bike. (I kept before I left the bike go), and because they are tied to the old VIN it's useless, except for code readings and live monitoring.
You can buy the cheap "Vance and Hines Code Read" and use the same app to have the readings from your bike. I almost did it until I have the idea of the old FP3 module.

My phone is always up there, is discrete enough (compared to a Ram mount in the middle of the handlebar) and alternate between the FP3 app and GPS apps (Google Maps, Waze...)

That looks great! Is there any screen vibration or shake that you notice when you're riding. Just wondering how rigid it is. I have 1.5" handlebars and looking at the website it doesn't look like they offer a clamp for that size. I currently have a Ram mount that works well and is pretty stable as far as I can tell, but is pretty bulky compared to this. If it's worth it, I may buy the setup and make my own clamp to fit.

cmashark (11-29-2020)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:32 PM
TStew1
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Whodeynate

This is my current and first Harley, a 96 PE. Been a crotchrocket guy for years until I road my step dad's soft tail. I knew then I had to get a Harley! It is the Carolina blue but the top pic what the plan is for it. Since I'm prior service Army I figured that I have to rock a Military theme and I just love the way a RK looks with that style!
This is a great looking bike and thank you for your service. I think you're in the wrong thread though as this one is about Road King Specials. If you decide to get rid of the fuel tank badges, let me know because I'll take em.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD