Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac headers with FP3

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017 | 10:19 PM
summitgmc
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by checkers
With a sport pipe and 2" baffles and Stage 1 A/F that should be a good combo and tuneable with the Fp3. Have you tried the canned map, "power duals and monster rounds" and ride it through several on/off key cycles. Ant chance a vacuum leak? If you are running any spark plug other the OEM, remove them before doing anything else. Then retune with a canned map.
You know what? I actually am running aftermarket plugs. I'll try putting in the OEM's as soon as it warms up, and try again. Never thought of that, thanks!

The following users liked this post:
checkers (03-19-2017)
Old 03-18-2017 | 10:34 PM
summitgmc
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
Its an air cooled motor. Stop and go traffic has little to no air movement. No surprise the temps go up when sitting still with the bike running. The idle concern sounds like EITMS is kicking on- you can turn that off with your right hand.
I know, I had an 02 Fat Boy and after that an 04 Honda VTX 1800, none of which had these issues. Just not used to it, I guess. The fat boy ran a little warm sometimes but even hot, the idle was pretty smooth, nothing like this Glide. I do love the bike, though. Never givin' this one up.

Old 03-19-2017 | 06:45 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Keep us posted with solution, thanks

Old 03-19-2017 | 11:04 AM
danaVT
Intermediate

I have a 2011 Ultra. I run a sportpipe with cobra triovals, Arlen Ness stage 1 air-cleaner and TTS 100 cams. I have a screaming eagle tuner and the bike was dyno tuned. I have no decel pop and idles great. No- issues. I didn't get as much bump in performance as I wanted but it runs strong and cool.

I am currently thinking of installing 103 cylinders, heads, pistons to get a little more torque.

Old 03-19-2017 | 11:41 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

I'm running a decatted headpipe, 4.5" S&S MK45s, PM Super Gasser Intake, S&S 551 cams with my FP3. Spoke to a couple Indies in my area and neither felt I would get much gain from switching to an aftermarket headpipe. I run a tune based on Monster Rounds, VH Power duals, intake and the cams. I haven't tried auto tune with the cams yet. I'm happy with the way the bike runs and SOP dyno.

Old 03-19-2017 | 12:33 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
I'm running a decatted headpipe, 4.5" S&S MK45s, PM Super Gasser Intake, S&S 551 cams with my FP3. Spoke to a couple Indies in my area and neither felt I would get much gain from switching to an aftermarket headpipe. I run a tune based on Monster Rounds, VH Power duals, intake and the cams. I haven't tried auto tune with the cams yet. I'm happy with the way the bike runs and SOP dyno.
Your canned map that is working will likely be better then auto tune. If you run auto tune, please update results. I am running same canned map with decat head pipe and it runs well. Of course I am tempted to run the auto tune, but runs good now and hate to mess with it. I can always put canned map back in.

Old 03-19-2017 | 12:38 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by checkers
Your canned map that is working will likely be better then auto tune. If you run auto tune, please update results. I am running same canned map with decat head pipe and it runs well. Of course I am tempted to run the auto tune, but runs good now and hate to mess with it. I can always put canned map back in.
I have read that if your running cams.. V&H advises against auto tune.. but I'm still gonna try it ... I can always go back to the canned map...

Old 03-20-2017 | 06:58 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
I have read that if your running cams.. V&H advises against auto tune.. but I'm still gonna try it ... I can always go back to the canned map...
My latest Fp3 software update has choices for cams. I don't recall if canned or for auto tune, but here is camshaft options