Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Liquid Cooledis coming. Maybe not this year, but they are coming. The VROD has a proven track record and a firm part of the stable. I will keep my RoadGlide and wait a few years before considering a liquid cooled bagger. Give them time to work out the bugs. Why not, I've owned 2 vrods, TC88, hondas, a KZ650 and more, and I will someday own a Revo powered bagger.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No thanks...

Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S & S has proven you can make an air-cooledengine that will meet current and future EPA regs with their new XWedge, 56 degree, closed-loop fuel injected, three-cam, overhead valvev- twin. HD may be greedy bastards but they aren't stupid. They will continue to make air-cooled v twins for as long as that is what the majority of their customers want.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Water cooler on Harley-Davidson, as long as chrome with a Bar & Shield and mounts on the handlebars (close hands reach while at cruising speed) without disturbing the machine's graceful lines and accepts all forms of 12 fl oz to 24 fl oz can or bottles. I have been getting tired of my drink bottles going Luke-warm before my 521 mile ride is over from Charlotte, NC to York, PA.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 PM
radrex
Cruiser

I don't know - but my 07 Ultra, is one hot mother - and yes I've done all the mods. Its cooler now for sure - but man its way too hot to handle here where in the summer it is in 3 digits a lot of the time.

I'd go for a watercooled Touring Harley - as long as it had the quality chrome and finish that my 07 has. Screw the plastic coated Ricers - I want steel, aluminum and lots of hard chrome. Lots of sound. Lots less heat. I feel like a freaking roasting chicken in traffic. (ps I actually ride my bike daily - not just shine it).

I want Harley quality and finish- with 07/08 technology - bring it on.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

The one thing that sells Harleys is not Aircooling, sound, or simplicity(they are side benefits). It's Culture.
I bet the apparral people at the Harley dealership absolutely LOVE you. I don't buy into the culture thing one bit. Can't ride culture. To me Harley sells motorcycles, american powered Vtwin motorcycles that are nice to look at and nice to listen to but even better to ride. The culture crap is marketed by HD to get people to buy into a lifestyle. That lifestyle wasn't created by Harley they are simply taking credit for it. The lifestyle was created by the people that ride the bikes, not the people that make them.
They probably do, as I buy a t-shirt from every harley shop I visit(9 new ones this year from San Francisco to Raleigh, NC). Right, I have 9 new (most are black) T-shirts, that when you see me wear one you call me a rub.
Think about the fact that over half the models sold in 2006 were bought by people new to Harley. Whether you like it or not, they are selling a culture to people. Who cares who started it. The bottom line is they don't continue to grow selling bikes to existing customers. They can't continue to engineer great bikes without the profits that these new riders account for.
But of course, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll have another one....
Bottom line - I want a watercooled one, along with 80% of the people that's bothered to respond so far. That's the only thing that will get me off this 07 Ultra Classic.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain

Whether you like it or not, they are selling a culture to people
Dude, you believe that Harley sells the motorcycle culture all you want but that isn't anywhere near the truth. The "culture" you so eloquently described has nothing to do with the brand. You can get this " it's the American Dream for a lot of people to roll down the highway, wind in their hair, freedom to go where they please" on any motorcycle sold not just a Harley. What Harley sells is a perceived image and a lifestyle. Nothing more, nothing less. It's great that you want a water cooled bagger, I don't if I did I would have gotten one..........a Goldwing.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:07 AM
356rider
Intermediate

Absolutely not! Frankly, I'm just blown away by the results in the poll. We must have a bunch of metric riders on this forum. A radiator on a Harley? NFW!

Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

i didnt pay 18 k to "belong". did it for the RADIO!!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain

Water cooled Bagger would be cool!!

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?