Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

To fry or not fry, that is the question. Hell yeah i'd buy one. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the reason a lot of people don't buy Harley touring bikes is because the are still air cooled. I love my water cooled metric cruiser, I can't wait until Harley offers a water cooled Ultra.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Ghosty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the same sound, looks and rock 'in roll. Lose the heat and the need for the bike to shut down in heavy traffic. Hell yeah I'd buy a water cooled HD in a heart beat.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30695/520C418FFCBC4119BCE0C9CDF5175ED7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Gunney8
Cruiser

All the bumps in the road with HD is kinda the fun of it all.... water cooled, not for me. If that is all that is available, I'll probaly give it up (or at least ride my air cooled until "Daddy EPA" stops me from that too... I better pay more attention to maintenance and keep her running forever!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Pawnbroker...Most of you guys are exactly describing Honda's and BMW's.
Not really. AlthoughtheGoldwing and the BMW 1200LTboth are exceptional bikes...They are, what they are. As an example: I don't like the seating position on either the 'wing, or the Beemer. I like the way the Harley 'fits' me.

I think The MoCo can (and will eventually) manufacture awater cooled touring bike;that will continue to have all the character, style, and appeal that makes people continue to purchase their product. And get riders to change from the 'others', to their product .

Old 06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
oilhog
Tourer

No Way!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

any word on the 08's bein watercooled??

Old 06-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

Return of the Hydra-Glide! This is the year, I can feel it...

No, not really. I'd buy one, but I'll be surprised if there's one in the lineup this year. Put it this way: by this time in '01, word had got out about the V-Rod. Nothing like that this year, except rumors. The MoCo has said repeatedly that they don't want to bring a bagger into the VRSC line, so either they'd have a Touring bike with a different engine than the TC96 (unlikely), or launch a whole 'nother family, and I'd think we would have heard about that by now. They waited, what, 20 years between the Softy and the V-Rod, and now another family after 6 years?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
maltezebluez96
Cruiser

I've watched a show several times now that shows the birth of the V-Rod, and there was a lot of thought that went into that radiator. Mainly to blend in so as to be not so noticable. Harley will never change thier sound or ride, and I'm sure they are'nt going to just end all of the air cooled bikes. There will always be air cooled for the die hards,....and I bet there will be an option as to whether you want air or water.....I have faith in Harley, and no matter what I am a Harley man now and will be a Harley man next year,...and the next, and the next.....let's stay calm aND ENJOY THE FACT THAT WE ARE HARLEY LOVERS!!! Change is inevitable and in the end change is good most of the time.....hang in there folks

Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO using a water-cooled engine in an Ultra is a good move. I would not think any worse of the MoCo if they went to water-cooled. It's one thing if they elect to do it or are "forced" to do it. I would hope that folks would understand that the EPA has tied their hands. Also, I don't think putting water jackets in the engine and a raditator/fan is a major issue. I would think they could fit the radatitor in between the lowerscan be very tactfully done.

Long story short' I'm holding my 05 Ultra until the second model year of a water-cooled Ultra. I just hope the wait is not that long.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?