Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want "old school", buy a horse. Even those are water cooled.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it's my money, and I ain't buyin'. Stick with the older pushrod, air cooled bikes because that's what I want. Stroll on into a Ducati dealer. Look at ther Monster lineup. They have air cooled and liquid cooled motors. Take your choice. They sell both side by side. It's a free country, buy what you like.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 07-14-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
gwcrim
Tourer

Harley: We can't compete with progress, so we'll brainwash the lemmings to thing that yesterday's technology is kewl.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Until the Fed's raise the minimum speed limit on a highway to 90, it's a moot point to me.

80" bottom breather evo, S&S carb and a 5 speed goes all day at 85 and can idle in traffic for whatever amount of time without running hot and burning me, and it has done it day after day for the past 21 years while getting 40 mpg.

No cam chain tensioners to wear out, no top breathers puking oil out the heads from running fast for a long time, no TBW idle inconsistency, no FI map and dyno BS, and no cat's to fry my legs...

Now it's water cooling for a big twin-- whatever - enjoy it and buy the water buffalos and whatever the latest electronic craze is next year as well - enjoy all the "improvements" and paying out the *** to get it fixed at a dealer with some proprietary H-D approved scanner or some new tool for the special "MOCO radiator" or whatever marketing crap they come up with...

All of it just keeps the Evo's cheap to buy and run down the road with a just few basic tools for mile after mile...

See you out in the wind.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
RKDavid
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

Water cooled would not be a deal maker or a deal breaker for me.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just drove home behind one of those water cooled V-Rods with some pipes on it.......it was the worst sounding Bike I have ever heard.......sounds nothing like a Harley.

And as far as these V-Rods go......where the hell are they all? I hardly ever see anyone riding one. I can go to a local show and shine with around 200 bikes there and you will be lucky if there is even one V-Rod there. I can hang out at the local Dealer for a couple hours and never see anyone pull up on one. Must be some secret Cult or something where you can only ride them at night when the rest of us are in the house for the evening.......or maybe everyone who owns one is ashamed to ride it.

And while we are on the topic of "where the hell are they"........where did all the Evo powered bikes go? Harley made millions of them.......and now you hardly see any of them. I am shocked that they just seem to have all disappeared.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:56 PM
extech
Road Master

Ya'll r gonna see a water cooled touring H-D real soon.
Not the end of the Ultra Classic! Just a water cooled "Touring" bike. more later.....

Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
extech
Road Master

BTW...would anyone like more cubes on a Touring bike? or a Ultra Road Glide

Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

I don't care as long as it does what I want it to do and it still has that Harley persona that I love.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Kasper
Tourer

Originally Posted by extech
Ya'll r gonna see a water cooled touring H-D real soon.
Not the end of the Ultra Classic! Just a water cooled "Touring" bike. more later.....
Can I ask why you say we are going to see one? Can I also ask why you think we need one?

The twin cam already runs at an air fuel ratio of 14.7:1 and has proven that it runs fine in doing so, well except for the little problem of the CVO 110 which seems to have been sorted out now. You can't run it any leaner than that......not even if it was water cooled. So why would they change it? What advantage would they gain? Maybe stop a few whiners complaining of heat.....but I don't think your going to feel any cooler riding a water cooled bike as the heat generated has to get released somewhere and the air travels rearward when riding. I just fail to really see much advantage of water cooling the Harley motor.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?