Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

change good.....dinosaur gone.....

Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
mrgoggles
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I think so

I know that is where we are headed. I do have a V rod, and a street glide. I guess Die Hards will not buy fuel injection, but that was a issiue for a while. Give it some time, and peaple will get over the LC issue as well. It is just advancing with technology. Pretty soon, the only air cooled Harlies will have a antique licenesplate.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
grumpy old biker
Cruiser

With the ever tightening EPA standards it's a given that water cooling is around the corner, like it or not. What I find sad is my lawn tractor is puking out more green house gases then my bike and I don't hear anyone jumping all over Toro.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by grumpy old biker
With the ever tightening EPA standards it's a given that water cooling is around the corner, like it or not. What I find sad is my lawn tractor is puking out more green house gases then my bike and I don't hear anyone jumping all over Toro.
New rules for mowers <25hp go into effect in 2011 and in 2010 for boat motors. According to the EPA mowers represent 5% of the nation's air pollution, and that sounds to me like a lot.

It has occurred to me that maybe the best way to cut pollution from garden equipment is to create a strain of grass that does not grow higher than 2" or so, thus making mowing obsolete, but that may be easier said than done. Would anyone really miss mowing? It would be in the government's interest to invest in such a project, if it was even genetically feasible. Of course unless that mutant grass could take-over yards populated with existing varieties it wouldn't be of benefit for those houses. They're manipulating the genes of chickens to produce teeth and long tails like dinosaurs, so why can't they do it with grass?

Last edited by iclick; 01-08-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by oley55

that said, I'm gonna have to draw the line on an Obama mandated Hybrid motorcycle. an Electric Harley is just too far over the top even for a progressive fellow like myself.
I would gladly buy a water-cooled bagger. As long as it's not a 60 degree or 90 degree v-twin. I hate the even-sounding firing of a V-rod. Sounds Japanese to me. I want a 45 degree water cooled bike. Sign me up.

Someone already built an electric Harley... From the Wheels Through Time museum:

Old 01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When the time comes for a new ride and water cooled is the only choice then thats what it will be.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
erphelps
6th Gear
Thumbs up Water Cooled

It's over due, I was touring the HD factory in KC and they hinted that H2O is in the future. As a big twin rider it would be nice not having to worrie about overheating on the highway in traffic jams or in town during traffic jams.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default water cooled

Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
I really hope they keep making Harley's air-cooled. They make me feel nostalgic and like they are "simpler". That is as long as the EPA police don't make it illegal to use engine tuners etc. I know SEMA is fighting that tooth and nail. One problem is, a lot of consumers are complaining to Harley about the lean running and heat etc. not realizing that that is being done so that at least we can still buy an air-cooled motorcycle.
I'm with you Pawn but something tells me by the time I get my next bike it's will be water cooled. I dont dig that idea too muh...

Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Lamar07
Advanced

Old school kick start, carb, pan head, shovel head. What? Heard for ever I only want carbs guess what but a carb now. When I was young only had shovel heads, never wanted a evo or twin cam. have both now what ever harley does we chase.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:19 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

I wiLl take one the second year it is out!

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?