Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Far 3ast
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I wouldn't buy the first year it comes out, but after it is demonstrated reliable I would welcome being able to ride in city traffic without overheating.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 AM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Have had several metrics over the years. Never had an issue with any of them. Change oil, tires, and ride. All water cooled. Would buy a water cooled Harley.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:56 AM
EG Ultra Classic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, not interested if water cooled.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

"majority of Harley customers are old school type riders"..?????..man..., me thinks you haven't been to a dealership lately...majority of Harley customers have NEVER kicked-start a Harley in their lifetime..personally I never thought I would want to buy a H2o-Glide, but if it means 110HP and Torque out of the box...sign me up
Now that's funny........and sadly enough true! I have kicked started a Harley, and a Triumph Bonny, and several other types..........don't miss the kick start in the least!! Like many I was a little concerned when they took the kicker off the bikes though........at least at the time I was, not now.

As far as water cooled.........it really doesn't matter, in a few more years it will be the only way to get them if you buy a new one. Oh well, times are a changing....doesn't matter what we want.......just take a look at whats happening now in Washington!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a water cool tourer would be a great addition to the touring line. IMHO the Harley's current water cooled engine is not reaching its full potenial on the V-Rod platform. Although, I'm not in the market at all to replace my 2006, I think a "V-Tour" bat wing or shark nose would really catch on.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

QUOTE=Watchfuliz;6045349]Now that's funny........and sadly enough true! I have kicked started a Harley, and a Triumph Bonny, and several other types..........don't miss the kick start in the least!! Like many I was a little concerned when they took the kicker off the bikes though........at least at the time I was, not now.

As far as water cooled.........it really doesn't matter, in a few more years it will be the only way to get them if you buy a new one. Oh well, times are a changing....doesn't matter what we want.......just take a look at whats happening now in Washington![/QUOTE]

I still miss the kickstarter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

People hate change. I am sure every time Harley changed something major a group of owners took issue. However, Harley is smart enough to put a watercooled motor into the Touring line w/o it ruining the lines of the bike.

We can **** and moan all we want, but this will happen eventually and everyone will adjust just fine.

Heck, give me 125 horses like the VRod!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Like it or not, I think we're all going to be riding water-cooled bikes eventually. I'm not too worried about it. Rather that than slower and slower bikes.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes.....No...........Mayby!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Yes, will be my next one. Will not get another one until they are water cooled but will wait until the second or third year they are out.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?