Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how many people said they would never get a Harley if they went fuel injection or added an electric starter? I can remember many times on the side of the road after overheating. I had a Vulcan before I came to my sences and got a Harley and I don't think I would mind having a radiator. If it smells like a Harley and tastes like a Harley, it's still a harley

Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Hog wash
Intermediate
Default Like your wife in new High Heels=YES

I'm waiting for the SG to be. The MoCo has the smarts to hide it correctly and ditch the CATS, seems like a no brainer to take a 20k bike and have a correct foundation to build uppon for life.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a sign of things to come

Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 64 GTO; when Pontiac came out with what they called a GTO a few years ago, I laughed. What everyone bitches about is, they don't want to see things change, and the air cooled motor is all Harley has left. When that changes, they'll be like every other bike on the market. Just more $$.

I can't see paying the big money for one. I'll hold onto mine as long as I can, and then look into other options. I have always liked Harleys and I'd just keep buying the air cooled models. Muscle car owners have the same outlook on the matter. F'n green world anyways................

Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRanger
What say you?
I'd say this thread is 2 years old.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Simple enough keep both, it's a no brainer! Harley can make the A/C meet the epa bullshit, and bring out a single W/C touring rig as a new model and sell them both, like I said, to me it's a no brainer!

Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

No liquid cooled Harley for me. Old School.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Technology alone is going to force the MOCO to go water-cooled. There's no way they can continue to have much left in the development of the current motor and meet the EPA's requirements w/o having to go to some pretty exotic components made out of creamics or such. Everybody's already whining about the lean running, affordability, and heat that pours off these things and all of the problems that causes.

Porsche had to do the same thing a few years back with their oil-cooled engines. All of the "purists" were declaring the end of the 911 and Porsche. Until the recent recession, they were doing better than ever, and their latest 911s are truly marvelous machines and true sports cars in every sense of the word.

The Harley will be the same. Might be a little different than what we're used to but we'll all survive.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 PM
tireman43
Cruiser

I realize this is an old thread, but since it was brought back to life...My question is, why can't HD meet EPA requirements with their A/C engines, when it seems Victory is doing fine with an A/C motor? Unfortunately the MoCo may not have a choice in the future, but like I said, the competition is doing fine and no kitty in the exhaust that I know of either. I'm not knocking HD and wouldn't give mine up for a Victory(at least not any time soon). I'm just saying that HD needs to take the next step and either figure out the A/C motor or they will need to go liquid cooled. Just my $.02.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:19 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait for them to come to the modern age and be water cooled. That will kick *** and just think no overheating in traffic

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?