Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Tao3535
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler
ABSOLUTELY!

It's time for a water Ultra. Also throw in shaft drive and an Air bag.

~Joe
Oops misquoted, ..Shaft drive with reverse would be nice..

Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd buy a water cooled Ultra, if the overall look and feel of the bike doesn't change much. I too cannot "fit" properly into the Goldwing seat, and the plain colored engine sticking out the sides is simply not cool. The Goldwing looks fantastic from the front or back, but not the sides...just my opinion

Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 PM
oley55
Road Captain

my first Harley was a brand new 76 Sporty, most recent an 08 Road Glide and there's a world of deifference between them. Water cooled with more ponies is a no brainer and expected evolution. but then at my age, I haven't become set in my ways just yet. Me thinks, there are too many "Wild Bunch" wanna bees out there or something!!

that said, I'm gonna have to draw the line on an Obama mandated Hybrid motorcycle. an Electric Harley is just too far over the top even for a progressive fellow like myself.

just saying.....

Old 04-18-2009, 12:21 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Default What's the big deal?

Water cooled will change the performance of the scoot. It will make the engine run cooler, last longer, add more horses, and won't make the bike sound less like a Harley once new pipes and/or headers are added. So what's the big deal? Oh by the way, rumor has it that the Road Glide is going the way of the dinosaur. Here's the replacement. It's called a Road Rod.

Attached Thumbnails  Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?-road-rod.jpg  
Old 04-18-2009, 02:00 AM
RBJones
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If I could afford one I'd buy a liquid cooled Road King. No drive shaft needed. The drive system is good as is. A shaft would change the look and it just wouldn't be right. Just need a longer-running, cooler-running engine that is still 45 degrees and sounds like a Harley.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Klinger
Cruiser
Default Would I buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Would I buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

NOooooooooo!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

YES!!! I want it NOW!!! Give it to me!!! A V-Rod engine in a Harley touring frame. Gotta have one. Hurry!!! Hurry !!! Harley, what are you waiting for? Don't make us wait a few years while you start selling them in Europe first! I want to be FIRST!!! They can wait for US!!!

Attached Thumbnails  Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?-xr1200-2009.jpg    Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?-xlcr1.jpg    Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?-xb12r-2006.jpg    Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?-xl1200l-low-2007.jpg  
Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

A friend of mine has a V-Rod Bagger (conversion kit) all balcked out with red stripe tires and it looks BAD! It sounds ever better! He makes my bike sound sick when he guns it. I think he has BUB 7s on his bike and it really sounds mean. So, if HD uses the V-Rod motor I am confident you can make your new touring bike sound really good. Harley's haven't sounded the same since the Shovelhead disappeared anyway. That classic "potato-potato" sound has been lost in my opinion.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

Fresh clean water is becoming scarcer by the day as a natural resource. Air on the other hand is plentiful. Harley Davidson should be applauded for it's efforts in continuing to produce air cooled engines and in so doing, promoting the conservation of the earth's precious water supplies, instead of tapping into this dwindling resource for it's own corporate greed like so many other companies do

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

No way would I ever buy a H2O cooled HD. Don't worry folks, the air cooled motor isn't going anywhere. They may offer a water cooled motor in the future but they will not drop the air cooled motor as long as they sell.

I would buy a Harley that has oil cooled heads akin to the BMW Boxer Motor.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?