Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
78.60%
No - I'd buy a used Harley
18.46%
No - I'd buy a Metric
2.93%
Voters: 1706. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:29 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?

You're killing me.

Your website is down for some reason, you should probably check it.

TE

Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your website is down for some reason, you should probably check it.
Hey, thanks, I will get up with Godaddy today and get ti fixed

Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would buy one if it looked like (or close to) the one I have now. If it had more power right out of the box than I'm getting after a bunch of expensive and time consuming mods that I have done to the one I have, I guess there would be no reason to bother doing any. I wouldn't have to worry about how easy or hard it would be to work on, since pipes, breather and fuel managment would probably be way more power than I need.
As far a plastic is concerned, I'm not thinkin' that will happen.
The poll tells the story of the folks that are on the forum and presumably own a Harley and I bet a big percentage of the new to Harley buyers, wouldn't know the difference anyways.
For me, I want the look I have and the HD sound, if they can do it with liquid cooling, count me in.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 PM
coolmac
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think, just a good oil cooler system, should resolve the heat problem on 96" engines.

I would like to see a recall, to add an oil cooler on all 07' 96" engines.

It is stock on the 103" engines, there must be a need for it ?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am also shocked by the fact that 80% have voted yes. My only guess is that they are newbies that bought a Harley just so they can tell their friends at the country club that they own a "Harley". They couldn't care less about anything other than the fact that is has Harley on the nameplate. I'm also sure that they couldn't even point out what the "Jugs" were, and that they would tell you that you are being "vulgar" for even saying something like that!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

After looking at the poll, I think Harley has moved its water cooled production
up by 2 years. I think by 2012 I will be ready for the water cooled FLHTC.

Saint

Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
gargoyle
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't belive this shat more people tring to change my bike if your so damn unhappy go buy something else but having a harley makes you cool i forgot. to have the greats like the flathead,knuckle,pan,shovel,evo,and even the twinke to change them to the WATERHEAD yea wheres your cheetos.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

why the resistance?if watercooled gives me a more eff harley im all for it

Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard the same things about EFI, Dual cams, ETC. ETC. ETC. If they can make one that looks like an air cooled Hog ( big fins ALL the way down the cly and a small Rad tucked beteen the lowers )I don't see a problem, And you can tell by looking at me I'm no newbie, RUB, or anything else someone might call me. Been Riding Harleys for a quarter century and have seen a lot of changes, I would hope that they would limitit to just the Hydra Glide if they build one, as I think that is really the only one that would really need it. The S&S X motor is not going sound like a Harley, yall know that right? What is it 58 degrees or something, almost a V-Rod and almost everyone BITCH's about the sound of them, I sorta like it, not a Hog but pretty mean in it's own way. I don't mean to ruffle feathers but just because someone is open minded enough to want an H2O engine don't make them a Metric or a newbie or anything else just someone who thinks that they would enjoy the benifits of a water cooled great looking and sounding Harley. And just for the record the germans have helped design every Harley motor since the EVO! I also don't see a problem with that if it can help make a better bike. I still own the shovelhead I bought new in 83 I love it and hope to own it forever, but can you with a straight face say that it's a better motor than the EVO, TC, or V-Rod. I guess what I saying is if you don't like it then I'm sure you won't buy it and that the strongest message you could send to the MOCO Just my 2 cents, Thanks for letting me vent

Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Redhead1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt

The S&S X motor is not going sound like a Harley, yall know that right? What is it 58 degrees or something, almost a V-Rod and almost everyone BITCH's about the sound of them, I sorta like it, not a Hog but pretty mean in it's own way.
I think the point of mentioning the S&S X-wedge as well as earlier posts about Yamaha air-cooled motors is that air-cooled motors that conform to EPA regulations current and future can be designed. The HD V-twin as we know it currently might go away, but that doesn't mean a certain change to water-cooled. I don't really consider going to 96" to be a new motor. I know it has a lot of new parts and such, but it's more along the lines of an incremental upgrade rather than an entirely newly designed engine.

Personally, half the reason I bought my Harley was to tinker with it. Going to watercooled makes it that much more difficult to wrench on the engine. I'm sure HD will sell you all the chrome you want for it though.

Personally, I like the v-rod for what it is. I have to say though that radiators on any bike from metrics to the v-rod to a Boss Hoss are butt ugly.

I vote for a completely redesigned, modern, air-cooled engine.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a water cooled Harley Touring Bike?