Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on Handle Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Advice on Handle Bars

The Wild 1 Chubby 508's are nice - about 4 inches more pullback than stock.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Wags1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock '07 RK Classicbars were a significant pain in the back/shoulders for me on long rides. Replacedthe stock barswith HD PN 55908-04. I think they are the stock bars from a RK Custom but I don't remember. I just remember that I found them by trying out a bunch of '07 touring modelson the dealers showroom floor till I found ones that were comfortable. They are perfect for me.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Rico450r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Firecap501

Hey guys need some help or advice. My stock bars make my shoulder hurt and my right hand go numb after awhile. The angel of my wrist I think is part of it.

I would like some advice on a set of bars where I am not reaching as far and bring my wrist to a more normal position.

I now sit back and wait for all of your wonderfull wisdom
I have the same problem with my RK Custom. I just ordered HD Road King reduce reach bars that give you a better grip. Your hands are in a more comfortable position.
they're only $49.95 part # 56152-04A

Rico

Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

Man best bet is to go sit on some bikes and get a feel. They may look nice on someone elses sled, but won't do you any good if there not positioned right for ya... IMO.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
2wheeler
Advanced

Another option that doesn't require a change of cables or brake lines is the Road King "High Bar" or "Pullback Bar." Both names have the same part number in the HD catalog. I am very pleased with them after struggling for comfort with the original bars on my Classic. They are often shown on the tricked out models at the beginning of the accessories section of the parts book for touring models.
John

Old 06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
BK Meyers
Cruiser

From the looks of the bike in your signatureyou have the same height bars that were on my '96. I found them to be too tall and just like you was experiencing back and shoulder pain.

Checked at my local shop andthe Road King came with 2 different height bars. I went with the lower set (similar or the same as what is on my brothers '03). Feels great now and the bike handles and turns much better than with the taller set.

Later,
BK

Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of 513 Chubbys on my RKC. (Baby Apes) Initially I thought they would be a problem getting used to steering-wise, and on my first semi-long ride I felt a bit of discomfort between the shoulders. I had never experienced this in the past with the stock bars.
After a few weeks now, I don't even think about them, and on that return ride home the following day I had no shoulder issues, and haven't since.
If I have a complaint, the bends in the 513s are pretty tight and I found it difficult to fish the wiring harnesses through them. I also had to extend the stock harnesses by about 6 inches. (the pic below is NOT them)

CN

Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't know the part #, but I got a set of "pull back" handlebars. They allowed me to sit up straight and my hands are at a comfortable angle.

Some folks have said they kinda look like baby apes - I'm not sure about that, but I like em.

Hack

Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heritage bars work very good on a RK, you cannot judge them while sitting on the Heritage Softail though, the seating position is alot
different on a Roadking.
they're alot cheaper than the big name ones too!!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:26 AM
BigBuddy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2wheeler

Another option that doesn't require a change of cables or brake lines is the Road King "High Bar".....
I justadded thesebarsto my '05 Road King Classic. Easy to install! Brought the grips in about 2 inches. Look great on the bike! The part number is 55954-00. Here is a link to them on the H-D site:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

I wish I had some pictures to show you, but I haven't had a chance to take any new ones yet! Good luck with your decision!!

Quick Reply: Advice on Handle Bars