Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest horn???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 06:30 AM
dmonger
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Tagg
I was hoping to replace the stock horn with something loud using the same cover etc on a 2019 streetglide special?
A simple google search would have been more efficient than resurrecting a 3yr old thread.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:35 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Originally Posted by dmonger
A simple google search would have been more efficient than resurrecting a 3yr old thread.
New guy, give him some space for a bit. Don't think it's against forum rules anyway, it happens.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:37 AM
FunHuman
Road Captain
Received 267 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dmonger
I am new here myself and I was wondering the same thing question about horns. Where do I find the checklist for what gets you the usual BS answer for asking a question that the well seasoned forum member considers no longer relevant? Hey buddy just do a Google search and get inundated with ads for the next 6 months about Harley horns. OBTW don't dare criticize your bike (Harley) in anyway or you will be told to "Sell your bike if you don't like it!"

The following users liked this post:
c_l_phillips72 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 10:18 AM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,027 Likes on 2,874 Posts

Originally Posted by Tagg
I was hoping to replace the stock horn with something loud using the same cover etc on a 2019 streetglide special?

See post # 38 & 39

Last edited by eighteight; 06-09-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:30 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

These work well and the same specs as a $60 horn for $15

https://wolo-mfg.com/horns/electric-...309fe043bc69c8

Old 06-09-2021, 10:01 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,262 Likes on 4,437 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHuman
I am new here myself and I was wondering the same thing question about horns. Where do I find the checklist for what gets you the usual BS answer for asking a question that the well seasoned forum member considers no longer relevant? Hey buddy just do a Google search and get inundated with ads for the next 6 months about Harley horns. OBTW don't dare criticize your bike (Harley) in anyway or you will be told to "Sell your bike if you don't like it!"

Since you asked, I'll offer a suggestion. It is what I usually do....

I search a topic, looking for answers to my question. If I don't find an answer, even if there is a thread that is close to my question/answer, I start a new thread..

When searching, you should get a feel for the questions that have been asked a million times, and answered a million and a half... like search anything about "best oil"... There is really nothing to say about oil, that hasn't been said numerous times.. I personally don't have much patience for someone too lazy to look for their answer before posting a new thread

Regardless of the topic, if I have a question, where I don't find an answer, I will start a new thread, specific to my question...

IMHO... I see searching for answers, then starting a new thread if the answer isn't found, as a more efficient way to get a question noticed and answered.....

As I see it, a new thread will accomplish a several things...

1) You can title the thread specifically to your question. That should attract people who know of your issue...

2) People who read your thread, don't have to read/skim through pages of old posts, that don't apply to your question, just to figure out what is going on.. Many times I have started reading an older thread and just bailed on it... too long and convoluted..

3) The responses will be from current forum readers, with interest and/or knowledge about your question. I see people direct a question to a poster in an old thread, that hasn't been on this forum in years.

4) You will usually get more views and responses to a new thread, properly titled, than an old thread with a title that is close (or not) to your question... Personally, I rarely open a thread that is over 4 months old.. even if it is something I have knowledge about, I figure it's been already asked & answered.. sometimes, like this one, I am just curious because I posted in it way back when...

Of course, do as you wish.... this is just my opinions on searching for answers and resurrecting old threads... Of course, I have been drawn into old thread revivals from time to time.. I always feel a little silly when I figure out what happened...

PS- I have been riding Harleys exclusively since 1978. The MoCo is far from perfect, and I will criticize them when they do things that I believe are wrong... There have been many "issues" over the years that I believe the MoCo has completely dropped the ball on... I've paid my dues in terms of money, frustration, and time, on MoCo missteps over the years.... But I don't just bash them... I specifically discuss my grievance, in the context of looking for a solution.... I don't recall anyone telling me to "sell" any of my current three Harleys... and if they did, I don't care much what Harley zealots (also referred to as choir boys) have to say anyways...

Last edited by hattitude; 06-09-2021 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eighteight (06-10-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 10:05 PM
FunHuman
Road Captain
Received 267 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Since you asked, I'll offer a suggestion. It is what I usually do....

I search a topic, looking for answers to my question. If I don't find an answer, even if there is a thread that is close to my question/answer.... I start a new thread..

IMHO... I see searching for answers, then starting a new thread if the answer isn't found as a more efficient way to get a question noticed and answered.....

As I see it, a new thread will accomplish a several things...

1) You can title the thread specifically to your question. That should attract people who know of your issue...

2) People who read your thread, don't have to read/skim through pages of old posts, that don't apply to your question, just to figure out what is going on.. Many times I have started reading an older thread and just bailed on it... too long and convoluted..

3) The responses will be from current forum readers, with interest and/or knowledge about your question. I see people direct a question to a poster in an old thread, that hasn't been on this forum in years.

4) You will usually get more views and responses to a new thread, properly titled, than an old thread with a title that is close (or not) to your question... Personally, I rarely open a thread that is over 4 months old.. even if it is something I have knowledge about, I figure it's been already asked & answered.. sometimes, like this one, I am just curious because I posted in it way back when...

Of course, do as you wish.... this is just my opinion on resurrecting old threads... Of course, I have been drawn into old thread revivals from time to time.. I always feel a little silly when I figure out what happened...
And that is a reasonable response. Thanks

The following 2 users liked this post by FunHuman:
hattitude (06-09-2021), sparkalot (06-09-2021)