Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the new HD 3 in 1 Pilot Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:51 PM
rockhousebadboy
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Anyone using the new HD 3 in 1 Pilot Helmet?

Looked at them today but they didn't have my size in stock to try. Wonder if anyone is using one or had in feedback good or bad on them? I can only find one review on them and that is on the HD site. Scorpion make on about like it as well. Review say it is loud though. Sure would be nice to carry one helmet on long trips instead of 2....I am a half helmet kind of guy but when it rains I really like the full face.

Harley Piolt
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...n-1-x04-helmet

Scorpion on revzilla
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gTkaAhGS8P8HAQ

The following users liked this post:
williamfrog (02-11-2019)
Old 06-16-2017, 04:39 PM
April Fetters
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hd-x04

I use this helmet and absolutely love it. I highly recommend it.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 AM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

That's a very cool looking helmet!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Disliked it. Does not work as half helmet. Should be called 2 in 1. Its far from a full face helmet as far as protection. IMO buy the revzilla save a couple bucks.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:18 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Disliked it. Does not work as half helmet. Should be called 2 in 1. Its far from a full face helmet as far as protection. IMO buy the revzilla save a couple bucks.
Surdyke lists it for 158.00

I agree tho, looks kinda kool but does not offer the protection of a full or 3/4.
i can see it being handy in the rain.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:41 PM
klc997
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks goofy worn as a half helmet, I think the reviewer from revzilla even says so.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

I have a scorpian convertable (same idea as this 3 in 1) but no 1/2 helmet option.

I thought it would be great to have 1 helmet and convert it back and forth. But it wasn't the most comfortable with the. Him piece on. Squeezes the cheek pads in, and rested right on my chin.

The biggest thing is it fell of my seat and the edgeing of the helmet broke and has a sharp edge protruding by my neck. I don't wear it anymore, but still have it.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 AM
BillinSC
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gave up looking for an all in one helmet so I have two main ones. A half with hidden pull down shield which I like, shield helps a little if I get stuck in a little rain shower, and a full faced for long highway trips (both HD branded). Have an HD modular that I like and used on a two week trip and brought along the half helmet for local riding. Bought the full face hoping it would be a little quieter but it isn't.

The Pilot helmet is definitely cool looking but I don't think it would work me (just my opinion).

As far as noise levels go, you won't get any kind of noticeable improvement until you get into the $600+ high end stuff like Schuberth's. Tried one a few times and they are very very nice but I just had trouble spending that much when the noise levels I live will now really don't bother me much.

The secret to lower noise on helmets is how the seal out noise from around the neck. The Schuberth's do that well.

Just my 2 cents worth

Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 AM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm sorry... Did you say something? I was totally distracted by your avatar!

Old 06-18-2017, 10:27 AM
dakotared
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the Scorpion Covert, a version of the same basic 3-1 helmet. I use it in the 3/4 and full modes. Full face is good for rain, sand, small stones, wind, cold etc. Although it does not offer true full face impact protection. I like the helmet in 3/4 mode without the removable ear cushion. It is not as hot and helps keep the bees out of my chinstrap near the ears and I think it does lower wind noise somewhat versus 1/2. Then I just keep the full face piece in the saddle bag for when needed. Very quick and easy to convert.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the new HD 3 in 1 Pilot Helmet?