Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra SE limited edition model

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Kreuzen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra SE limited edition model

Okay, I'm looking for some feedback onHarley's SE limited edition model. Is it worth the money? Were you disappointed in anyone thing specific...or possibly more? If you had it to do all over again, would you take the plung? I want tohear about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Fireman44
Tourer
Default RE: Ultra SE limited edition model

As the owner of a SE Ultra thefewdisappointing things are the lack of power in thr engine,and the fact you have to do pipes,airfilter,and tuner to wake it up some. Everything else about the bike is worth it in my opinion, if you planed on buying on buyin a regular ultra and adding alot of chrome goodies and things like that.With the SE all the goodies are there so your not doing alot of add ons in the future.The other problem is the ball busting you get from your buddies for buying a SE. LOL.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

If ya got the $$$$ go for it... I love the Ultra SE - just can't seem to find 32+K laying around.... Damn

Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I could find the right SE Road Glide I'd buy It In a heart beat.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:00 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

My buddy's 2007 SE Ultra cost him $43.5K OTD with the add-ons (Bassani pipes, MP3, chrome calipers, LEDs, chrome fasteners, and a few additional chrome gizmos). Way too much money, IMO.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 AM
lenrough
Road Master

My 07 Ultra SE cost 37+ change out the door (Black Ice and Orange). I've been pretty lucky on the problem side, only had the idle control sensor die after about 500 miles. Had some heat issues, but yeah, they were fixed with the SEA/C, SERT, and Rineharts (plus the obligatory dyno tune).Been tempted tobuychrome for it since I got it last August, just can't seem to find anything that"needs" to be chromed that already isn't. But I really don't like the stock A/C cover -just haven't seena suitable replacement yet (thinking about a Ness along with getting it powder coated to match the black ice). Only replacement parts purchased so far have been a set of HogTune speakers(which I absolutely postively endorse as a necessary upgrade if you listen to musicwhile riding, not necessary if you only listen to talk radio, CB, or the WB stations).

It seems like if you search around and work the dealers you canget good deals (35-40) and some have gotten great deals (< 35). I wouldn't even consider paying anything over 40 OTD (you can get every SE part added to a stock Ultra for less than the additional 20K that you'd be paying - 'cept for maybe the way overpriced HK radio setup). Otherwise I guess it just depends on market availability and timing.

BTW... my son on his 95ci Fatboy "used to be able" to keep up with me on the stock setup - after I got the pipes/cleaner/tuner and dyno there's nothing but dust in his eyes and little black blurs in my rearview mirror. The 110ci motor is, with a good dyno tune,a beautiful thing...

Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ouch! 43k for a bike? My wife would have a stroke if she found out I paid 43k for a bike.

ORIGINAL: frenchbiker

My buddy's 2007 SE Ultra cost him $43.5K OTD with the add-ons (Bassani pipes, MP3, chrome calipers, LEDs, chrome fasteners, and a few additional chrome gizmos). Way too much money, IMO.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: petemac

Ouch! 43k for a bike? My wife would have a stroke if she found out I paid 43k for a bike.

ORIGINAL: frenchbiker

Mine wouldn't have a stroke. She would have a bout of "Anxiety induced homicidal dementia"

Old 06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
alexcue
Road Master

a riding buddy of ours has one. sweet bike. What's funny is his RPM seems almost identical to mine @ the same speed, but when he gets on it, he's gone. 6th gear has so much more power up a hill than mine. I have to downshift while he just powers away.

The electrically operated saddlebag and tourpak locks are just too cool!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 PM
swomack
Road Master

My dealer sells CVO @ MSRP. But why would you want to spend that kind of money on a cookie cutter bike? Look at Dalton's Ultra with the all the chrome and custom paint, it's one of a kind. CVO's, IMHO, were created for RUBs who want a tricked out bike but don't know how to use a screwdriver.

Quick Reply: Ultra SE limited edition model