Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra SE limited edition model

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Chainman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra SE limited edition model

I love mine. I went from an 06 Roadking and never have looked back. The extra power is great and at cruising speed in 6th gear it's fantastic.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: swomack

My dealer sells CVO @ MSRP. But why would you want to spend that kind of money on a cookie cutter bike? Look at Dalton's Ultra with the all the chrome and custom paint, it's one of a kind. CVO's, IMHO, were created for RUBs who want a tricked out bike but don't know how to use a screwdriver.
Dalton has done one impressive job on his bike, it is just Great.

And, I know my FLHRI Road King, did not roll of the show room floor looking like it did below. Which I've done everything except paint with my own tools, butI think that my nextbike will be a totally optioned out CVO SE Ultra.

IMO Iactually think that it would be less expensive then the way I have gone, and have intentions to go to.

So how to use the tools are not an issue fromthe way I see it. I must be the RUB!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

You guysbrought up some issues that I was wondering about; power, pipes andPCIII/tuning. Was actually hoping for a bit more from Harley/SE edition in this department. As far as theprice, its all relative...I bet you I've dropped well over 12K plus in my RKC (so far) --and that's doing most of the wrench turning myself. As all of usknow, harley/aftermarket parts aren't cheap! So while the price seems a bit high, I guess it just depends on what you plan on doing to your scooter after purchase. I asked--and you guys delivered. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

I would buy one. Why not? It's just money. If it is in the books and you're not having to cut out any ofthe essentials in life, go for it. On a side note: If you have the $$$$ for a Utra SE, you probably have the $$$$ for a setof pipes and tuner or what ever else you would want after the purchase. JMHO

Old 06-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

If you are going to duplicate much of the CVO stuff on a non-CVO bike anyway, the CVO will experience less depreciation than the non-CVO bike comparably equipped and may be less expensive in terms of actual out of pocket expense.

Personally, I'd look for a low mileage '06 SE Ultra rather than buy a new '07; don't care for the paint on the new ones and the new bike depreciation is avoided for basically the same bike, less the EPA compliance dictated 6-speed.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

...good point. Thanks