Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched from PCIII to FuelPak

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Switched from PCIII to FuelPak

I switched from a fuel pak to a power commander , the bike runs a lot better and stronger with the pcIII hands down , as far as the starting issue , just push the button right away and the problem is gone.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 AM
ocglide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just switched from a PCIII to a fuel pak as well. I have not noticed much of a difference. I made the swap because Jamie at fuel moto doesn't have a map for an 07 103" with a V&H Pro Pipe BP 2-1. I must say the fuel pak performs well but I will probably go back to the PCIII once he builds a new map. I spoke with Jamie about the issue with hard starts and he suggested what they others have already said. Turn it on, switch to run and hit start right away. Fires right up every time.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
jwmu
Advanced

Fuelpak is the way to go especially if you have Ovals or other V&H Slip ons!

Here is my dyno info. I think you could squeak out more HP and TQ with a PC III or SERT, but I love the throttle response and the simplicity of the install. Now if it could only make it a bit richer in the 2000-3000 rpm range? I emailed V&H with my dyno results and am waiting on a response.

Runs much cooler though!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't like the couple of revs to start, don't wait on the light to go out. Turn the switch on, flip to run, and hit start button. Works for me everytime.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 AM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

To all;

I have an '04 RKC FLHRCI with S&S 510g geared cams, Screaming Eagle adjustable push rods, SE Air Cleaner, and a PC III USB. With all of that said, I don't have any of the afformentioned issues with hesitation or starting. I guess my question is, how much and what was changed between '04 and the '06 and '07 Touring bikes that would cause this problem? It seems the majority of these performance problems are with the newer bikes (no accusation, just appears that way). I guess if I were trouble shooting I'd start with the changes made between model years and seeif that leads me to where the fault lies.

ScooterJammer

Old 06-01-2007, 10:31 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: ScooterJammer

To all;

I have an '04 RKC FLHRCI with S&S 510g geared cams, Screaming Eagle adjustable push rods, SE Air Cleaner, and a PC III USB. With all of that said, I don't have any of the afformentioned issues with hesitation or starting. I guess my question is, how much and what was changed between '04 and the '06 and '07 Touring bikes that would cause this problem? It seems the majority of these performance problems are with the newer bikes (no accusation, just appears that way). I guess if I were trouble shooting I'd start with the changes made between model years and seeif that leads me to where the fault lies.

ScooterJammer
Only 06/07 bikes have this problem, if you can really call it a problem!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: ScooterJammer

To all;

ScooterJammer
hd changed the way the fuel pump was powered. now the power going to the pciii cuts off after the light goes out. when you hit the start button, it sends power back to the pciii but it has to do its power on self test, so it takes a second to fire. so if you press the start button before the light goes out, then you won't have this extra revolution (which is still less than the old carbed bikes, so i don't see it wearing out your starter)