Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Question,Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007 | 04:26 PM
AZ HARLEY
|
Cruiser
Default Seat Question,Help Please!

I've searched and researched and need some help..
I own an '07 Road King Custom and am looking at different seat options.
Something a little more comfortable,yet Low Profile to keep the lines of the bike.
I have narrowed it Down to a few and am leaning toward a Mustang Daytripper.
Mustang Part # 76357.Supposedly specific to the RKC because of it's extended Dash.
I have found a smokin' deal on a slightly used #76352 which is said to fit FLHT/FLHR/FLHX.
Mustang tells me the Seat itself is the same,it's the mounting bracket/tab that's different??
I've read where others have bent the tab slightly and it fit fine.
Anyone have experience in this area??
Thanks for any input!

Old 05-31-2007 | 06:25 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Seat Question,Help Please!

cant help you with the saddleman, but you say you've narrowed it down to a few so i will tell you my experience, just in case. i got the corbin classic solo. they say that it drops you down an inch or so, but i can tell you that it is wider in the nose so that any drop you get in the rear is taken up by the nose width. if you can go to the corbin factory in ca, that would be optimum. i also have a hollywood solo, that seat is narrower in the front so it definitely helps with reach. it is still a pretty comfortable seat, but i weigh 175. but after a couple of hours, i'm ready to take a break. the good thing is that just a few minutes off of it and its not torture to get back on. if you're heavier, you might find this seat to be more of a 'local' seat as opposed to long range.

i found mustang seats to be awesome on my sporty, but they definitely raised me up higher so if you need to be able to reach the ground, this might not be the best option for you.

good luck.

oh yeah, the corbins have a different part number for the flh vs flhrs and it is due to the increased length of the nose of the seat, not the mounting tab (as per corbin customer service).

Old 06-01-2007 | 02:47 AM
AZ HARLEY
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: skratch

oh yeah, the corbins have a different part number for the flh vs flhrs and it is due to the increased length of the nose of the seat, not the mounting tab (as per corbin customer service).
Thanks for the reply.I think i'll probably order thru Mustang directly vs getting a used seat that may not fit.{or Ebay wholesalers for that matter}
That way if I don't care for the looks or comfort I can exchange for another Model.

Old 06-01-2007 | 06:15 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

Or return it altogether, I hear. I was told that if you buy from mustang, you have some time to ride on it to see if you like it or not. And if you don't, you can return it. Not sure if what I was told was the truth, but worth checking in to. Seats aren't cheap, wouldn't want to get one that just didn't work for you.

Also, if you like the look of the stock seat (I do, I have a '05 rk custom), you can have BadX and mean city rework your stock seat. He is all the rage on this forum, and a heck of a lot less expensive than buying a new seat. Just a thought.