Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you who "pack" while riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those of you who "pack" while riding

i have permits to carry infla. and conn. and the best for such is the sig sauer230 , cal .380 , with 9 rounds .
it goes in your pocket and even in the top pocket of a shirt. and extremely accurate .

it is tiny but when needed is there ,and , no need to release a safety. it is released as soon as you press the trigger .

Old 05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ravens35
I live in a similar foreign country, Maryland, a.k.a. "The Free State". That has to be the most unsuitable state motto in the country.

When I carry my Glock22 on the bike, strictly to go to the range. I carry it locked in the tour pack and unloaded. I don't even know if that is legal. In a car it is supposed to be locked in the trunk. If I am ever in a life threatening situation I have a better chance defending myself by throwing a shoe at the guy as opposed to jumping through all of the hoops to getto my gun.
That's legal. While the states might find it unfortunate, the federal law on how to transport firearms supercedes any crap they try to implement (to some level).....

Old 05-31-2007, 06:03 PM
HotrodsandHarleys
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tizone

This brings up an interesting question... as a card carrying Glock man myself... if you pack when you ride, what is the preferred method? In the waist can be a little painful while riding... shoulder holsters are good until you need to take off the jacket when you stop for a while. In the tour pack or luggage makes it tough to transfer back to the belt in public without being seen..

What's the best solution?
When I carry on the bike, I carry mine about the 3:30 position on my waist. It does get a little uncomfortable after a while. I have been thinking about a boot holster.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
tizone
Tourer

I think that these are interesting... but could be a bit uncomfortable while riding...

http://www.smartcarry.com/security.htm#v

Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM
jensen5569
Intermediate

I think I'll just bring that kid along with me for "backup"...

Old 05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
SVFFB
Intermediate

I have a couple friends that have the concealable leather vest. The vest has an inside pocketthat has extra padding and a hole for the barrel to fit into. The only problem I've noticed with the vest is that the vest sits a little lopsided on one side. I believe my friends purchased the vest at a uniform shop.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Ravens,

Maryland issues carry permits. You have to give them a reason, but they are available and don't take very long to get. I let mine expire like an idiot so I need to go through the whole thing over again. Just contact your local State Police barracks to pick up an application. They do regulate when you can carry and almost never issue a 24/7/365 permit. I was able to carry anytime I was working, going to/from work, going to the bank etc. so that covers most of my day. Like the Trooper said, just don't get caught with a loaded weapon at 3 am driving home from a bar etc. Do the application! It is your right!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Off the bike I carry a snubby S&W .38 Special in my pocket. More than adequate for all human relations tasks.
On the bike I have a .22 Magnum derringer loaded with hollowpoints I keep in one of the 3 windshield pouches. Fairly easy to get to when needed and also more than adequate for solving most problems.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Floridafred
Cruiser

Been carrying for about 40 years. I know, I got holsters older than some of you. Can't beat a Bianchi inside the waistband holster. Jeans and a T shirt over my 40 cal Glock 27 and you'd never know it was there. Love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer

Ankle holster works best for me. Just make sure you buy jeans that are long enough to cover while riding. Five shot S&W titanium revolver is lightand hides well under your jeans. A gun left at home is worthless when you need it!!!

Andy

Quick Reply: For those of you who "pack" while riding