Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king wild 1's beach bar install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,514 Likes on 2,712 Posts

Originally Posted by RCCola45
Make sure to replace the riser bushings with Polyurethane Handlebar Riser Bushings ... this will take the flex out of the bars. I installed Wild 1 518's and love them.

Could you elaborate please? I don't mind going off topic because it could help someone reading the thread including me!

Old 02-11-2017, 06:38 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

I am riding my RK with wires external until I decide if I really like the beach bars...

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

A tip I learned about getting the wires through the bars is using a piece of string blown through with compressed air. Then tie wires to string end and pulling through. May be helpful next time you change bars.

As a side note, I have the Lindby engine guard on my Road King. Once I added highway pegs the flex compared to stock or even mustache guard is significant. They look good but the design could be better.

All in all a good job and anything is better than stock bars. Hate leaning into a bike. I have the 515's on Road Glide and the comfort factor is dramatically improved.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the look and ride comfort of my beach bars, they really enhance your bike.

Attached Thumbnails Road king wild 1's beach bar install with pics-pipes.jpeg   Road king wild 1's beach bar install with pics-img_0918.jpg   Road king wild 1's beach bar install with pics-img_0915.jpg  
Old 02-14-2017, 02:43 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

So far my only issue with the beach bars are that I can't do freeway speeds without feeling like a parachute. I end up putting on windshield, reduces cool factor...

Old 02-14-2017, 06:35 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

I needed to extend the wiring for the controls, the 8" kit worked well for me so I have room to plug things in and slack in the harness. I debated soldering the connections but decided against it, shrink tubing on each connection then another over the harness followed by electrical tape mainly to keep vibrations from chafing the wiring.

The right side was a pain because the throttle control plug made the space for the control harness tighter to navigate through. I held my tongue in the right position and got the harness through to the center outlet in the bars.

I think Im going to buy new grips tomorrow, the stock ones don't look so cool then Ill finish up that and determine what I need to do with the front brake hose.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
So far my only issue with the beach bars are that I can't do freeway speeds without feeling like a parachute. I end up putting on windshield, reduces cool factor...
That does hurt the cool factor...

Old 02-15-2017, 04:04 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

I didnt like my grips so I bought these today, thats Canadian funds so about $18 US. Not into the chrome controls so Ill leave the rest alone.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:06 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

I need to re-route my front brake hose so Ill do that tomorrow and do a bleed at the master rather than push the air through the HCU and have to do a component bleed and bleed at the wheel.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:13 PM
hellonewman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Buggz
I love the look and ride comfort of my beach bars, they really enhance your bike.
Love your exhaust and I see you have the CVO deflector

Quick Reply: Road king wild 1's beach bar install with pics