Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new one-Road King Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by T Man
Blackout has been as overdone as big front wheels, and before that fat rear wheels. Trends will come and go, all about whatever turns your crank. The green color is ugly as can be, I like the wheel design but would look better in chrome.
You left out flames. Lol

Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
YOU have to do the work yourself ... powder all but engine parts that get hot... you sell your chrome so the new black engine parts are almost no cost....

plus add in that you get a better deal out the door on the standard RoaD kING
I did the work myself. Some parts where cheaper or a wash to buy new as apposed to getting powdered, ebay is also your friend when doing this. And who is gonna buy your chrome parts when they all come chrome anyway. I stand by my "I'd rather buy it with a blacked out engine" statement.

Plus the standard Road King has ugly wheels, fenders, and paint. Kinda like saying take the Tour Pak off an Ultra and you got a Street Glide, you don't.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:23 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
And who is gonna buy your chrome parts when they all come chrome anyway.
I don't know about that. I would be willing to bet that for every guy taking the chrome off his brand new bike, there is another guy hunting eBay for cheap deals on those chrome take-offs, to put his used blacked out bike back to stock.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:17 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

I did the work myself. Some parts where cheaper or a wash to buy new as apposed to getting powdered, ebay is also your friend when doing this. And who is gonna buy your chrome parts when they all come chrome anyway. I stand by my "I'd rather buy it with a blacked out engine" statement.

Plus the standard Road King has ugly wheels, fenders, and paint. Kinda like saying take the Tour Pak off an Ultra and you got a Street Glide, you don't.
WHO....Well the guys that buy the black motor thats who is going to buy the used chrome.....if the bikes come with the turns on the handel bars they wanna put them on the forks, if it come with them on the forks... they wanna put them on the handel bars...after looking at the bike there is a lot of extras the bags and the whole *** end so its a not bad deal

Old 03-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

Coming out of Kroger yesterday, some guy walking past my bike, puzzled, sees me walking up and says "is that a Roadking Special?" I said it was the 2014 prototype, but Harley went and messed it up by blackening out the front end. LOL

Old 03-06-2017, 08:57 AM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

1/2 the RK's on IG are already customer built RK Specials. They're not creating a trend but following one.

I saw one at the dealer on Sunday. Good looking bike and something I'd really like to own but I also want a windshield and a better than stock seat (regardless of Special or regular) - dunno where the price break really comes tho. RK with upgraded bags vs Special with Windshield.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:15 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

YOURE RIGHT,,,at the time i didnt notice the stretched bags, and CVO rear

Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

nope, not for me. If the price was 5-6k less maybe. That kinda money, I want sparkle. Kroozeabout. just me.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by jai yen yen
No road lamps, no windshield, no crash bar and a lot of missing chrome for more money, I don't get it. Maybe I am just getting old.
look again, it's there.

if it's too black, you're too old...

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Grizz02
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it looks pretty bad ***. But I think they should have come with black bar and running lights. The engine is a little to black and plain on the left side should have put some chrome accents on the derby cover. Black crash bar. Tinted cvo shield and it would have been good.

Quick Reply: Harley's new one-Road King Special