Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on Road King Custom

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007 | 03:47 PM
MOTOWN RIDER
|
Advanced
Default thoughts on Road King Custom

After riding for over one year on my starter bike, I'm ready to move up to a new HD. I realy like the road king custom but my father-n-law and brother-n-law both own Road Glides and they are trying to convince me that I'll be much happier in the long run with a Road Glide. I know I should go with what I trully like however they've made some good points. I would appreciate some feed back from anycurrent or previous custom owners.

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2007 | 03:55 PM
fd2430
Advanced
Default RE: thoughts on Road King Custom

Both bikes ride great. Although I've never owned a RG, my buddy has one & I put a few hundred miles on his.

I love my Custom. At first I was disappointed to hear they are discontinuing these models butmaybe the value will hold strong when the time comes to sell it(if I ever let that happen!)

I think you need to consider what type of riding you mainly do & what features are more important to you. Have you had the chance to test ride them both?

Either way, you should buy the Custom - IMHO

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:00 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

Also ask yourself if you want a fairing or not. The RG comes with a stereo. If that does not matter to you or you don't want a fairing then you can't go wrong with the RK Custom. If you want some wind protection than install a detachable window.

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:08 PM
jbporter
3rd Gear

I personally think the custom is what a classic motorcycle should look like. I love it. However, like said before, you need to decide what kind of riding you do. That is why I went with one with a fairing, I am doing more long rides and it is nice to have the fairing when you normally ride at least 100 miles per ride. Most importantly, get what you want. If you get what someone else likes, you always want something else.

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:12 PM
jwmu
Advanced

Get what you want...

Even if it is not as nice as the Roadglide

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:14 PM
Delray48209
Advanced

I just traded an 06 custom in for an Ultra Classic. I liked mine a lot! But I needed more luggage space.

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:16 PM
vabiker07
Cruiser

I chose the RK Classic...I am not a big fan of the way the fairing looks and I much prefer the older nostelgic type look..... the ' 07 RK's comes with the Quick Detatch Windsheild...nice for longer,mostly highway rides and off within seconds for the Wind in Your Face rides...if I may offer a suggestion I chose the Classic over the Custom because of the Cruise Control which is GREAT . But as mentioned earlier GET WHAT YOU want and you cant go wrong

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:26 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

Don't even joke about discontinuing the Custom! That's gonna be my 3rd bike. The wife already said I needed one![sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:26 PM
jwmu
Advanced

I like the traditional looks of the RK, but I bought the RG for touring and handling. The fixed fairing is the most stable as it is connected to the frame rather than the forks when those trucks roll by. Also is better in crosswinds and nible around town as the fairing's weight is not on those forks. I had a 1200 Sportster Custom for 3 years prior and had my share of wind and trucks on long rides... It was a great bike around town, however.

I also like the dash layout better than the the other glides (more room). Kinda off topic here, but the batwing design does provide excellent wind protection, however.

Old 05-30-2007 | 04:34 PM
ezlife
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vabiker07

I chose the RK Classic...I am not a big fan of the way the fairing looks and I much prefer the older nostelgic type look..... the ' 07 RK's comes with the Quick Detatch Windsheild...nice for longer,mostly highway rides and off within seconds for the Wind in Your Face rides...if I may offer a suggestion I chose the Classic over the Custom because of the Cruise Control which is GREAT . But as mentioned earlier GET WHAT YOU want and you cant go wrong
I also bought the FLHRC instead of the custom. I loved the look of the custom, and was thinkin for months of gettin one in Black Pearl. I chose the vivid black classic, wish it came in black pearl,because it came with cruise control, which is awesome, and a windshield. Both of which I would have to have paid extra for on the custom. Not sold on the RG fairing look yet, but something along that line is probably my next sled.

Get what you'll be happy with and ride on!!!!

Ezzz

Quick Reply: thoughts on Road King Custom