Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on Road King Custom

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007 | 11:12 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Default RE: thoughts on Road King Custom

The custom is the greatest bike ever. That is all.

Old 06-01-2007 | 11:26 AM
Cowracer
Tourer

tell your in-laws that if they will make the payments, you'll be happy to ride whatever they say, till then, if you like your King, then keep it.

The King will do 99% of the things that a RG does and are just as comfortable. I personally think the RG fixed fairing looks ackward, and I wouldnt have one, especially over my RK custom.

Tim

Old 06-01-2007 | 05:52 PM
KCBULLDOG
Cruiser

Love my 07 Custom. I like the stripped down look for running around and the ability to easily attach more. I also love the lower look after dropping the fork an inch.

Old 06-25-2007 | 02:45 PM
MOTOWN RIDER
|
Advanced

Well I made my decision and I went with the custom. Just seemed to fit me better...plus I like the fact that I can add a windshield when I need a little help on those windy rides or strip it down for cruising around town. Anyway, I want to thank all of you for your great suggestions!

Here's a not so good picture of my new '07 Custom. I post a better pic later

[IMG]local://upfiles/33467/137847962EF44B4B8FBF27781CC5E472.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-25-2007 | 03:04 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

I had a RK Custom before the Street Glide. Liked everything about it except the handlebars. They were great on the highway, but for slow speed manuvering they sucked. Of course that is an easily changed thing. Since have the Glide I realized that if I still had the Custom there were a couple of things I would miss. Locking hard bags, the fairing, and the radio. I don't use the radio all the time but I do like to have it there when I want it.

Like has already been said. Ride and then choose which one is best for you and makes you happy. If you buy based on others opinions, or what they think you need, you may end up with regrets.

Old 06-25-2007 | 09:07 PM
chopt
6th Gear

Congrats! You made a wise choice. I've never been happier with my decision on my '04 RK Custom. It's the lightest of the touring series, plenty of power, both acceleration and braking. Do yourself a favor and ditch the "beach bars" and go with a set of Heritage bars. It gets you arms up to a more comfortable position (IMHO). Also with the factory's "discontinuation" of the "Custom". I'm really glad I purchased the "first year FLHRSI"!!
Good luck with your new ride, and let us know how she feels!
chopt

Old 06-25-2007 | 09:17 PM
thill
Novice

i bought a 07 road king custom in may,and it's my first harley also.its freaking awesome.escpecially after installing my rush mufflers,big sucker air cleaner and power commander 3.i also had to lower mine even more(the rkc has the lowest shocks available from harley,from what i understand.)because i'm only 5'5".you will be very happy with whichever bike you choose.good luck and ride safe.also, as you probably already know the guys on this furom know their stuff.

Old 06-25-2007 | 09:19 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

The Road King custom would be my second choice!!

Old 06-25-2007 | 09:33 PM
MOTOWN RIDER
|
Advanced

I agree with what you said about the knowledge base of the guys on here. I got some excellent advice and I'm very happy with my decision.can't wait to start adding to my new scoot. I'm thinking about adding a removable smoked short windshield for the long windy rides. Any thoughts on the effectiveness. I'm just looking for a little wind protection up to my shoulders.

Old 06-25-2007 | 11:44 PM
Sol
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MOTOWN RIDER

I agree with what you said about the knowledge base of the guys on here. I got some excellent advice and I'm very happy with my decision.can't wait to start adding to my new scoot. I'm thinking about adding a removable smoked short windshield for the long windy rides. Any thoughts on the effectiveness. I'm just looking for a little wind protection up to my shoulders.
Congrats!
The short windshield is my favorite - will let you have wind in the face, yet keeps it out of your chest, performs well in crosswinds. The standard height is great for day-long hiway trips and cold weather. I'd stay away from tinted if the WS is anywhere near your line of sight - it gets really darkin twilight before you have a chance to switch over to clear goggles.

Quick Reply: thoughts on Road King Custom