Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
hunter93
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar

Want to change my stock 06 RK Classic handlebars, since I find them uncomfortable and would like a little better reach. Have been advised to get the RK High Handlebars (55954-00). Looking at the dimensions, it appears that the RK High are about 1 1/2 inches taller, but everything else pretty much the same. Are these really going to make it more comfortable? Please advise before I buy these. I am tired of the pain between the shoulders. Help!

Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
NMAC
Advanced
Default RE: RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar

I'm looking at doing the same thing. I was thinking about the RK high bars or the Heritage bars. I don't want to change cables, but I want taller bars with a little more pullback. I haven't tried either of them, but I talked to a guy that changed to the RK high bars. He said the difference doesn't look like much, but they feel a lot better. He said they took care of the pain between the shoulder blades for him.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:52 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with Roadglide bars and really like them, but had to rotate them towards me as far as possible to make them comfortable.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

I replaced mine with Kromewerks Heritage bars for Road King. (same dimensions as H-D heritage bars) I love them. I also got that pain between the shoulders. I like the heritage bars because they bring your arms up about four to five inches, and you can pull them back as far as you want. I can ride all day. I like the fact that they are narrower too. Slow speed turns are not like steering a wheel barrow anymore. I paid $30 for the bars from Jireh Cycle and changed them myself. No new cables, brake lines, or wires.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Baddog
Stage IV

I had the same problem with my '06 Road King. The handlebard were a pain in the back! I had a lot of good help from my dealership (Racine HD, Racine Wisconsin) and we finally came up with what we figured I needed to solve my problem. I ended up putting on a set of bars from the Street Glide part number 56571-98A....PERFECT FIT!
I'm ove 6 feet tall and the origional bars made me bend over to much. The bars I put on now have a bit more rise and a bit more pull back.
I suggest you sit on your bike and place your hands just the way you want them then measure what you need in a replacement bar....more pullback or more rise or as in my case both. Then stop in at a GOOD dealership that is willing to help you out and they will go thruogh all the cataloges that they have to find the best match.

Baddog

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
hunter93
Novice

Thanks for the info Baddog. Did you have to change any cables?

Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Take a look here, I think you'll find it interesting https://www.hdforums.com/m_112517/tm.htm

Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

GO TALL !!! See pic below. Actualy Im considering going 2"s taller

Old 10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride a couple other bike at HD. Most all bars are a little different. Then you can go to your local custom shop & have them bend you a custom set. Not that much $$

Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 PM
ScooterGuitar
Tourer

I agree with apeking, apes look great on RK"S!!!

Quick Reply: RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar