Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Dakotazeb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RK 06 handlebars VS RK High Handlebar

I put the Road King High handlebars on my 04 Road King Classic and love them. The additional height allows you to rotate the bars back towards you more. They are also a little narrower. With the stock bars I always felt like I was stretching to reach the bars. The RK High Handlebars are just right and you don't have to change any cables. Good luck.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 AM
mndemohead
Tourer

The r.k. high bars are vitually the same as the heritage softail bars. The extra 1 1/2 makes a TON of difference, You wont need to swap any cables, I have them on my Road King. 90% of the people who buy a R.K. swap bars, everyone hates them, not sure why Harley doesnt do something about it.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think what I would like on my RK Classic is the reduced reach bars ( PN 56152-04), based on the description in the HD catalog.

However, I would like to know the part number of the stock bars so I can make a mental comparison.

In the catalog, part number 56552-95 appears to be a chrome replacement for the stock bars and if I'm reading the fine print correctly, 55919-82 is the part number for the stock bars. However, the dimensions on these two bars is not the same.

My question is, if the reduced reach bars only have 6.25" of pull back compared to 9" of pullback for the two part numbers I listed above, how are they "reduced reach"?

The r.k. high bars are vitually the same as the heritage softail bars.
High bars are 30" wide, Heritage are 32". High bars have 9" of pull back and the Heritage have 5". I'm not sure how these are virtually identical.

Maybe this just feels different on the bike than the numbers would indicate. If so, it makes choosing anoother set of bars even more difficult. I'd like to make the correct decision the first time if possible.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

They are not virtually the same. The high bars are like the stock RK bars, just a little higher. The heritage bars have a flatter hand position and are taller. I put the heritage bars on mine. I like them a lot.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
carsoni
Tourer

I put the heritage classic bars on my 06 RK. dramatic difference, much more relaxed riding position especially on long rides. a little taller plus I have them pulled back a little.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:35 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reach on my '04 RKC wasn't so much the problem as reaching down. I'm pretty tall 6'1" with long arms. I changed to Heritage bars and that was better. But I never like the look much. So, I tried the RK High handlebars. I like them the best (so far).

Old 12-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I changed to Heritage bars and that was better. But I never like the look much. So, I tried the RK High handlebars. I like them the best (so far).
That's the type of info I'm looking for. I don't care for the look of the Heritage bars myself, remind me of mini-apes ( I'm not an ape fan ). Heritage and RK High bars both have 8.5" of rise but the RK High has 9" of pullback compared to 5" for the Heritage. I'm starting to get a clearer picture in my head now. Best thing for me would be to go to the dealer and lay them all out on the counter.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
SanJo
Advanced

Well I hope I haven't made a mistake, I just bought the RK Custom bars. I liked the way they came back to me. Haven't installed them yet but they felt good when I tried them out sitting on a Custom.Only down side is changing the cables.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:11 AM
King Rider
Cruiser

I have an 06 RK Classic and plan to change out the handlebars to the WILD 1 CHUBBYT.M. ROAD KING BARS (#WO508). From what I read, it says the stack cables will work fine. I find that hard to believe. I plan to take all the wiring internal. Do I need to change out the cables and wiring to go internal on these bars?

One last question, Wild 1 has blems for sale. Significanly cheaper. Has anyone purchased one of the blems?

Thanks in advance.

JHC