Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought extended bags of CVO fender from Nasty Hog Cycles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019 | 12:51 PM
sickstring04
Intermediate
Default Bags & fender

I am happy with the bags and cvo style fender. The bodywork isn’t great but you get what you pay for. The paint is fine but there are definitely some wavy spots in the bodywork. I can live with it no problem though. You’ll need a seat bolt for the fender (I’ll add a link to what I used down below). The fender and bags are made from ABS plastic just like the stock bags. The fender is strong. I’ve been riding with a passenger and have had no issues at all. You’ll also need to add some sort of light for the license plate. The fender comes with a plate frame but it isn’t lit. I went with a custom dynamics led license plate frame, shaved it down to fit, and it wires right into the new light harness for the fender lights. I used my stock lids and hardware for the bags and they fit perfect. Just be sure to use blue Loctite on all the hardware so that nothing comes loose. You’ll want to get some sort of extension for your tailpipe end caps to extend them out a bit otherwise they’ll be too short and look funny. I had to modify my fender by shaving it down a little bit to fit right to my strut towers, nothing drastic and not noticeable at all.
All in all I’m happy with my purchase and the $$ I saved going this route.

http://cycleplicity.com/products/154...-bolt-kit.aspx

Old 02-13-2019 | 01:05 PM
sickstring04
Intermediate
Default Bag liners

For anyone interested, AdvanBlack bag liners fit the Nasty Hog stretches bags perfectly.

https://www.advanblack.com/advanblack-stretched-saddlebag-liner-custom-beige-stitching-carpet-kit-fit-for-bottoms.html?___SID=Up

Old 04-13-2019 | 11:46 AM
TexasScott
Tourer
Default Love them so far

Put the stretch bags, CVO fender and the stretch side covers on this winter. No trimming, no issues. Came with a license plate LED strip that can be glued in place. Make a cardboard holder to keep the LED strip in place until the glue sets. I threw away the crimp/splice connectors the provided for the license plate light interconnect. Solder and shrink wrap with a wrap of electrical tape.

The NH wiring harness for 2017 SG works electrically fine. The right side is a bit short requiring relocation of the stock tail/brake light connector under the seat. No big deal.

Thank you to this forum for solving the seat bolt problem (
gardner-westcott seat bolt kit 04-1977) is on order. As a side issue but important, the NH customer service is first rate. They do get busy every now and then but they make things right. Their shipping is fast. The paint perfectly matches my denim black stock color.

The only thing I don’t like and want to change is the intensity of the tail lights. I had Custom Dynamics LEDs in the stock rails and they were awesome. The smoked CVO style is way dim in daylight. Looking for some help in updating to a brighter setup.

Scott

Last edited by TexasScott; 04-13-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2019 | 01:14 PM
sickstring04
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TexasScott
Put the stretch bags, CVO fender and the stretch side covers on this winter. No trimming, no issues. Came with a license plate LED strip that can be glued in place. Make a cardboard holder to keep the LED strip in place until the glue sets. I threw away the crimp/splice connectors the provided for the license plate light interconnect. Solder and shrink wrap with a wrap of electrical tape.

The NH wiring harness for 2017 SG works electrically fine. The right side is a bit short requiring relocation of the stock tail/brake light connector under the seat. No big deal.

Thank you to this forum for solving the seat bolt problem (
gardner-westcott seat bolt kit 04-1977) is on order. As a side issue but important, the NH customer service is first rate. They do get busy every now and then but they make things right. Their shipping is fast. The paint perfectly matches my denim black stock color.

The only thing I don’t like and want to change is the intensity of the tail lights. I had Custom Dynamics LEDs in the stock rails and they were awesome. The smoked CVO style is way dim in daylight. Looking for some help in updating to a brighter setup.

Scott
I agree with the smoked Led’s Being a bit dim. I was wondering if the ones that Top Shop sells would be a direct fit replacement, considering the NH’s are an identical design. Keep us updated if you find anything

Old 04-13-2019 | 02:07 PM
AmmoHouse
Cruiser

Installed them today and the left side bag doesn’t close all the way, there’s a gap.
Ive messaged them and I’m waiting for a response, minor QC issue.
I’ll try to attach a pic, I put a flashlight on the inside to illuminate the gap.

Old 04-13-2019 | 04:22 PM
TexasScott
Tourer
Default Top shop lights

Thanks for the topshop pointer. The 13 and down looks like a fit. They claim 2X brighter than stock or other after market. $300 for a maybe is a bit steep but it appears to be the closest I have found. Still looking.....

Old 04-15-2019 | 11:16 AM
TexasScott
Tourer
Default TopShop lights

Talked with them this morning and asked specifically about the standard fmotos or nastyhog lights and she said they are about 2X brighter and solves the problem. I ordered a set and will report back after I put them on

Old 04-22-2019 | 06:55 PM
AmmoHouse
Cruiser

Still haven’t heard back about the picture I sent them, I’ll keep this post updated.

Old 04-23-2019 | 12:05 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmmoHouse
Installed them today and the left side bag doesn’t close all the way, there’s a gap.
I’ll try to attach a pic, I put a flashlight on the inside to illuminate the gap.
And the gasket is installed as well?

The following users liked this post:
AmmoHouse (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019 | 12:10 PM
Byookanun
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AmmoHouse

Are your lids and hardware from a set of aftermarket bags or stock Harley bags. If from after market bags you need to go to your local Harley dealer and buy 4 new saddlebag strikes part number 90200519. The aftermarket ones do not allow the lids to close tightly. I had the same issue.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought extended bags of CVO fender from Nasty Hog Cycles?