Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought extended bags of CVO fender from Nasty Hog Cycles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020 | 11:31 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by memphisharley
bike looks great. are those NH bags as well.
Ebay top shop clones, top and bottom. Nasty hog one touch hardware installed in the lids.

Old 03-23-2020 | 01:17 AM
Trixter
Advanced

I bought some 3/4” x1” foam tape and put it between that brace and the fender and it stopped almost all of the vibration on the fender.

Old 03-28-2020 | 11:38 PM
Rick Foss
Stage I

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Ebay top shop clones, top and bottom. Nasty hog one touch hardware installed in the lids.
would love a little more info on what exact bags from eBay those are. I did do some searching but so many options on there. I absolutely love this look!

Old 03-29-2020 | 03:56 AM
FastDude2020
Tourer

Originally Posted by richardgalbraith68
I did the CVO fender and stretched bags from Nasty Hog on my 2013 Streetglide a few years back. This go around, I went with fender and bags from TCMT off of Amazon. Both comparable quality TCMT was just cheaper and I love Amazon, in case of any issues. I also added their Razor Tour Pack.

This setup is not even close to anything look same as Nasty Hog... Are you TCMT big fan?

Old 03-29-2020 | 03:57 AM
FastDude2020
Tourer

Originally Posted by miketv84
Looks sick. I have the same one. Let me know if you think it vibrates a little too much near the license plate. I bought a sumax brace to tighten up the exhaust bracket connections, not sure if it made a huge difference.

What year is this kit? It doesn't look like nastyhog kit.

Old 03-31-2020 | 01:15 AM
ShawnJ1070
Intermediate
Default Debating

Has anyone gotten the Big Nasty Kit from NH I’m looking at either getting that or the 5” kit I’m trying to cover the rear wheel as much as possible before i lower it 1-2”

Old 03-31-2020 | 06:06 AM
FastDude2020
Tourer

Originally Posted by ShawnJ1070
Has anyone gotten the Big Nasty Kit from NH I’m looking at either getting that or the 5” kit I’m trying to cover the rear wheel as much as possible before i lower it 1-2”
I got some pics.

The following 2 users liked this post by FastDude2020:
DanHappy (03-31-2020), ShawnJ1070 (03-31-2020)
Old 05-12-2020 | 09:30 PM
Rico Perez
Stage IV

Originally Posted by TexasScott
Well I finally got a chance to install the Top Shop lights. As sickstring said, you have to drop the fender but thanks to him I was expecting it so I wasn’t too frustrated. I went ahead and changed to the Top Shop harness while I was there. It is a bit longer so I was able to remount the connecting plug where it should be. I had to relocate it a bit with the shorter Fmoto harness. I also like having a connectorized license plate light which isn’t on the Fmoto. I do believe these are 2X brighter than the Fmotos and I like them a LOT better. Could they be better still, yup. But I am so spoiled by the Custom Dynamic LEDs I had in the stock T bar tail/brake lights. I may call Custom Dynamics one of these days and ask about mounting one of their plasma rods in the Fmoto housings. They may laugh but what the heck.

While I had the wheel off I also mounted the longer rear seat bolt. It Rocks! If you are going to do this get the Gardner Wescott 041977 before you even start. There are lots of posts about this. Some glue the stock one in, some hand-mill the old one to fit but this is the answer.

Now for a couple of tips that I learned the hard way.

One, when you live in North Texas waiting for the hottest day of the year so far is so much fun. I had the chance to do it a month or two ago but work got in the way. But I think I lost 5lbs so all was not wasted.

Two, when you get everything hooked up and want to test them, pressing the rear brake pedal is not advised. The pads will pop right off their seal to the caliper. Then you will find the caliper is now well into the place where the rotor goes and after you get everything put back you will probably be left with a squealing rear brake. That was my experience that required me to get a new set of pads, apply the sealant and reinstall. Then the squeal went away.

Overall, the Nasty Hog (Fmoto) purchase was great but if you go down this road get the Top Shop tail lights right off the bat.

Before you ask, I know the front fender is not on yet. I was waiting for the risers so it would fit the 21” wheel.

I’m happy with the way things turned out. Yes, I would recommend Nasty Hog. Their customer service for me was first rate
how much did you need to shave above the lights was having a hell of a time putting this on and come to find out that i need to shave it down.

Old 05-13-2020 | 06:54 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Rico Perez
how much did you need to shave above the lights was having a hell of a time putting this on and come to find out that i need to shave it down.
Not much, I used a sheet rock knife and just cut a piece off each side. Its easy to cut.

Old 05-13-2020 | 05:58 PM
Rico Perez
Stage IV
Default Not fitting nasty hog cvo fender on 2015 Street glide

Originally Posted by TexasScott
Well I finally got a chance to install the Top Shop lights. As sickstring said, you have to drop the fender but thanks to him I was expecting it so I wasn’t too frustrated. I went ahead and changed to the Top Shop harness while I was there. It is a bit longer so I was able to remount the connecting plug where it should be. I had to relocate it a bit with the shorter Fmoto harness. I also like having a connectorized license plate light which isn’t on the Fmoto. I do believe these are 2X brighter than the Fmotos and I like them a LOT better. Could they be better still, yup. But I am so spoiled by the Custom Dynamic LEDs I had in the stock T bar tail/brake lights. I may call Custom Dynamics one of these days and ask about mounting one of their plasma rods in the Fmoto housings. They may laugh but what the heck.

While I had the wheel off I also mounted the longer rear seat bolt. It Rocks! If you are going to do this get the Gardner Wescott 041977 before you even start. There are lots of posts about this. Some glue the stock one in, some hand-mill the old one to fit but this is the answer.

Now for a couple of tips that I learned the hard way.

One, when you live in North Texas waiting for the hottest day of the year so far is so much fun. I had the chance to do it a month or two ago but work got in the way. But I think I lost 5lbs so all was not wasted.

Two, when you get everything hooked up and want to test them, pressing the rear brake pedal is not advised. The pads will pop right off their seal to the caliper. Then you will find the caliper is now well into the place where the rotor goes and after you get everything put back you will probably be left with a squealing rear brake. That was my experience that required me to get a new set of pads, apply the sealant and reinstall. Then the squeal went away.

Overall, the Nasty Hog (Fmoto) purchase was great but if you go down this road get the Top Shop tail lights right off the bat.

Before you ask, I know the front fender is not on yet. I was waiting for the risers so it would fit the 21” wheel.

I’m happy with the way things turned out. Yes, I would recommend Nasty Hog. Their customer service for me was first rate
Originally Posted by Rico Perez
my fender is hitting the chrome insert with the cvo light is and cant line up the bolts to attach the chrome filler anyone else have the problem and i have shaved the part above the lights so it doesn't hit.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought extended bags of CVO fender from Nasty Hog Cycles?