Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Kuryakyn Flush Mount Gas Gap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Cannon00000
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thoughts on Kuryakyn Flush Mount Gas Gap?

I was looking at these caps and they look pretty sharp! How difficult is the install on the gas guage? Is this a DIY job?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you are removing the entire add-on gas cap when you are filling up. Like RoadKink says, you need to have the lower piece mounted on the tank, it then stays there...forever. Only the gas cap comes off.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
jjr
Road Captain

Well after going back and forth with Kuryakyn about the death cap I finally got a tech over there that knew his stuff. I had just about enough close calls with the freaking cap and last weekend was the end of it.

I just filled up and was traveling at a high rate of speed when a A hole decide to make a 3 lane turn tothe exit ramp. Ad soon as I hit the brakes gas came flying out of the cap again.

The previos tech insisted that all it was a bad o ring and after buying three of them for a marked up price and high shipping rates. I started looking for a stock cap and fuel guage to put back on the bike.

At this point this was getting freaking dangerous and I was sick and tired of the BS run around. So I figured one more call to Kuryakyn. This time I got somebody who knew the product.

The guy tells me right off the bat that I have the old style gas cap and that is why its spewing fuel. The guy sent me out a brand new one at no charge ASAP. I believe that the guys name was Chris, so I big thanks to him!

Its very simple to tell if the vented gas cap is original or the updated one. The bottom of the original cap is silver and you can see the two tiny vent holes in it. The newer stlye the bottom is coverd with a black plastic piece which you can not see the vent holes.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:42 AM
nikon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put these on my 03' rk classic. very easy install on both. get many compliments on the look. really nice,,,, go for it.
ride safe

Old 07-22-2007, 06:30 AM
jjr
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: nikon

i put these on my 03' rk classic. very easy install on both. get many compliments on the look. really nice,,,, go for it.
ride safe
What??? I have it on my bike since 03 but the damn thing would leak whenever I filled the tank. Perhaps you should re-read all the posts on it.