Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black pearl lowers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017 | 09:47 PM
Kburgad
|
Tourer
Default Black pearl lowers

Looking into vented lowers for my 09 road glide.
I know I want them. I would like to get harley ones but am having a hard time justifying them. Was wondering if there is someone out there with painted aftermarket ones that are a good match?
Don't really want to buy a quart of harley paint and paint some aftermarket or used ones cause that stuff is expensive.

Thanks in advance
Booger

Old 01-11-2017 | 09:55 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Look at the vendor ads here on the forum. I see one pop of regularly that sells all the color matched items like these. Hopefully they could save you some bucks.

Old 01-12-2017 | 05:32 AM
diggerv
Tourer

Some paints can be purchased thru a paint store at a reasonable cost. Ask them if they can get a pint instead of quart. Some painters can get, or may already have the paint you need, at a cheaper price. Call around, you may be surprised.

Last edited by diggerv; 01-12-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2017 | 08:30 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Look at the vendor ads here on the forum. I see one pop of regularly that sells all the color matched items like these. Hopefully they could save you some bucks.
Advan Black, but they don't have Black Pearl.

Old 01-12-2017 | 01:14 PM
Big Money
Tourer

You can buy the Black Pearl directly through PPG code 905208, a quart will run you about $90.

Old 01-12-2017 | 10:54 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by craigffb
Advan Black, but they don't have Black Pearl.
I have the same issue with Smokey Gold!

Old 01-13-2017 | 05:28 AM
farmboy555
Road Warrior

A good body man can match them for sure. Salvage yard shopping trip

Old 01-13-2017 | 06:08 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kburgad
Looking into vented lowers for my 09 road glide.
I know I want them. I would like to get harley ones but am having a hard time justifying them. Was wondering if there is someone out there with painted aftermarket ones that are a good match?
Don't really want to buy a quart of harley paint and paint some aftermarket or used ones cause that stuff is expensive.

Thanks in advance
Booger

Booger,

FYI, AIN'T NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO INSTALL VENTED LOWERS ON YOUR 2009 WITHOUT UPGRADING TO THE 2010 ROAD GLIDE FAIRING BRACKET.

On my 2009 CVO RG, I had to get the old school non vented lowers. As my luck would have it, once I had them lowers installed, they made the bracket change in 2010.

Lowers, Dog bowl deflector, engine guard wind deflectors and flip up style shield all work together for super clean air for them Road Glides!

Enjoy.

YB

Old 01-13-2017 | 07:21 AM
Kburgad
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Booger,

FYI, AIN'T NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO INSTALL VENTED LOWERS ON YOUR 2009 WITHOUT UPGRADING TO THE 2010 ROAD GLIDE FAIRING BRACKET.

On my 2009 CVO RG, I had to get the old school non vented lowers. As my luck would have it, once I had them lowers installed, they made the bracket change in 2010.

Lowers, Dog bowl deflector, engine guard wind deflectors and flip up style shield all work together for super clean air for them Road Glides!

Enjoy.

YB
Believe me YB I've seen ur air cleanup post and read it many a time. I've got all 3 brackets ordered along with deflector package that snaps onto the engine guard, ditching the klockwerks for a long ride shield. Already have the dogbowl due to being 09 and I looked its there.
Been making some serious aesthetical changes this winter. Apes, hammock, backrest, full 4 speaker system install in fairing, hopefully gonna have enough after a side job to get saddlebag extensions. I really don't need to clean the air that much I've never ridden a bike with windshield let alone a fairing. Did 12k miles last summer on night train with apes and no shield and a 3/4 helmet. Wanna talk about buffeting? She had it.

I thank you for your concern but u already educated me with your prior experiences.

Thanks everybody. For what it will cost to paint them a guy offered me his used hd ones that look perfect or damn near it. Prob gonna go that route as long as he can wait til Tuesday.

Old 01-13-2017 | 07:35 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kburgad
Believe me YB I've seen ur air cleanup post and read it many a time. I've got all 3 brackets ordered along with deflector package that snaps onto the engine guard, ditching the klockwerks for a long ride shield. Already have the dogbowl due to being 09 and I looked its there.
Been making some serious aesthetical changes this winter. Apes, hammock, backrest, full 4 speaker system install in fairing, hopefully gonna have enough after a side job to get saddlebag extensions. I really don't need to clean the air that much I've never ridden a bike with windshield let alone a fairing. Did 12k miles last summer on night train with apes and no shield and a 3/4 helmet. Wanna talk about buffeting? She had it.

I thank you for your concern but u already educated me with your prior experiences.

Thanks everybody. For what it will cost to paint them a guy offered me his used hd ones that look perfect or damn near it. Prob gonna go that route as long as he can wait til Tuesday.

Cool Beans!

Just didn't want you to be bummed regarding the fairing bracket change and vented lowers.

Sounds like you got it covered.

Let us all know if you have any other questions.

YB

Quick Reply: Black pearl lowers