Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on HD 93300009 collapsible rack bag

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:31 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Feedback on HD 93300009 collapsible rack bag

I've read a few reviews on the HD web site on this bag.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...sible-rack-bag

Sounds like some people did not like the rain cover.

Can someone explain the rain cover ? Is it big enough when both collapsed and expanded ?

Is there an issue with the rain cover drawstring ? Is he drawstring
securable ? O left to flap in the wind ?

Any other concerns with this bag ?

Thanks

Old 01-10-2017, 01:14 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

the things to check are how it attaches- some bags will either fit on the premium rack or the airwing rack, not both...

I am cheap, my bags came off the classifieds and serve well- after a rider gets out of it, the bags and stuff become clutter and sell cheap.

my top bag is a "Sac" by H-D which sold for many years- it is internally lined and water proof

3.) check the weight, a heavy bag may break your hinges or the plastic if overloaded and if the lid is opened...I use mine for a down sleeping bag, light jacket and maps...maybe under 10#

mike

Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

the best bag ive found for strapping on to a tourpak rack was purchased at dicks sporting goods. its heaving plastic, ugly yellow and looks like a small duffle bag. you fold the top over it has a couple of d ring type attachments and so far has been completely waterproof

i think i gave 16 bucks for it

Last edited by bigskyroadglide; 01-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 181 Likes on 136 Posts

I have that bag and have used it on several occasions. The rain cover draw string has a plastic clip on it to hold it tight. I did have the rain cover come off once in a nasty wind storm. It is attached to the bag so you won't lose it. Overall I would say I am happy with the bag. It utilizes velcro straps to secure to the luggage rack on top of the tour pack. It is secure when placed there.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 PM
dh_meyer
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer1143
I have that bag .....
Is the rain cover big enough with the bag in expanded mode ? (I'd hope so)

So there's no potential for a drawstring (or something used to secure it) flapping in the wind ? (in both expanded and collapsed mode ?)

Would love to see a picture of the rain cover attached if anyone has one.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
ryvpete
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is the bag I have and I've been totally happy with it. It is expandable so as you go you can open it up to put more **** in it. I've got over 5000 miles on it and have had no problems. I have had to use the rain fly on occasions and it worked fine, nothing ever got wet. Rain fly is big enough to fit if it is expanded. Fits perfectly on the tour pack rack and attaches with velcro. I even have the Harley flag on my rack and it worked with that too. I'd buy it again if I had to. Others in our group have the hard sided one and they have had problems with the zipper.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:07 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by dh_meyer
Is the rain cover big enough with the bag in expanded mode ? (I'd hope so)

So there's no potential for a drawstring (or something used to secure it) flapping in the wind ? (in both expanded and collapsed mode ?)

Would love to see a picture of the rain cover attached if anyone has one.
Also have the same bag here and have used it on numerous occasions. Generally speaking I am happy with it...especially at the price compared to some of the hard sided bags. Been caught in the rain a few times and the rain cover did the job and kept everything dry.

The rain cover is plenty big to fit over the bag when expanded. In fact, in my opinion it may a bit too big and flaps around somewhat. Better too big than too small I guess. The 4 velcro fasteners fit perfect and secure it very well to the rack. Once the drawstring is tightened up, I just make sure to tuck it in nice & tight somewhere to keep it from coming out & flapping around.

If I had one negative it would be that I wish it had a carry handle on the side. It does have the shoulder strap (detachable) but I would much prefer a handle.

Unfortunately I don't have a good pic right now as we're in the dead of winter dealing with an all out blizzard today Spring can't come soon enough! You can see it on my bike in my sig pic below. Yup...needed the rain cover one day on that trip

Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 PM
TXPHNDL
Cruiser
Received 101 Likes on 56 Posts

Here's one

Another

Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

I have and use that bag as well. Usually I can fit everything I need in the regular tour back bag, even with the wife. But as you spend a few days or a week on the bike, everything seems to grow. I start out with it empty inside and underneath the tour pack bag. As we buy souvenirs, t-shirts or whatever and we run out of room, I will use this bag for dirty clothes or other items that I wont care or wont get hurt if they get wet. I've never gotten caught in a downpour and felt the need to get the rain cover out but I have been in a few small showers or sprinkles and the bag, although not waterproof, repelled enough water that the outside was wet but the items inside were still dry for the most part.

It's a great extra bag for just case you run out of room on the trip and need a little more storage. It stores well when not needed and can be used in either the small or expanded size.

I would recommend it.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 PM
CSS899
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I use that bag on my Ultra Limited. Did a 3 state trip with it thru all different weather conditions. Worked great. Highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: Feedback on HD 93300009 collapsible rack bag