Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LED lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:17 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with LED lighting

My 2005 Ultra has a kuryakyn panacea led taillight with the proper load equalizer. I found out that I will need another load equalizer for the front LED turns I just installed (they flash irradically), because the Kury is only good for the rear. Custom dynamics (front turn brand) sold me a equalizer that will take care of all 4 turns. Has anyone else had this combo? How would I install a second equalizer? Will I loose my flashing brake light?

Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM
jeeper101
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't see why you would need a second LE but rather a good one. Custom Dynamics seems to be the way to go. I just installed (last week) dynamic ringz in the front (color changing white ring driving/ amber turn. And rear led inserts in the back blinkers. I also installed an led tail from CD because the OE one was busted in an accident. I installed their HD specific load equalizer as well as their triple play so I can run the blinkers as run/brake and turn lights.very simple install, worked as it should in the first try.

I got an awesome deal from a CD direct vendor. PM me if you want his info.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:37 PM
jeeper101
Tourer

Here is a quick video of my set up.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser

I know the kuryakyn says you need another equalizer for the front if you add them. I just don't want to loose the functions of the panacea brake light I have.

I already ordered a Custom Dynamic equalizer that does all 4 corners, but don't know how I am gonna make it work with the kuryakyn parts.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:03 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

Custom dynamics sells a system stabilizer also (as opposed to a load equalizer). Goes in the main lighting harness an does the whole bike. Have one on my ultra and it works great. It also does not develope heat.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser

GEN2-SSHD is the part number custom dynamics recommended I get. Just curious how to hook it in.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:25 PM
jeeper101
Tourer

Originally Posted by sevitz5
GEN2-SSHD is the part number custom dynamics recommended I get. Just curious how to hook it in.
As said above, CD is an "in line" device. Think of otbas a whole house water filter. Once added to the plumbing, it takes care of the whole house. It goes under the seat, plugs to the harness that goes to the tail and it comes with OE type plugs, no cutting or splicing

Old 01-04-2017, 07:29 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeeper101
As said above, CD is an "in line" device. Think of otbas a whole house water filter. Once added to the plumbing, it takes care of the whole house. It goes under the seat, plugs to the harness that goes to the tail and it comes with OE type plugs, no cutting or splicing
i understand that......The problem is the kuryakyn unit is plugged in there. I don't think I can remove it because then my panacea tail light won't function properly (I'm just guessing on this)

Old 01-04-2017, 07:37 PM
jeeper101
Tourer

Then you're going to "stack" them up. Since we are going on assumptions I assume it would work just fine.
Both my LE and the triple play are stacked before the tail harness, although they are designed to work together. But the LE does not send a specific signal to your taillights or the panacea lights.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:37 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Wish I could help you're close by,ask my brother Pat he's good at that stuff.

Quick Reply: Help with LED lighting