Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not sure what size trailer I need

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
maltezebluez96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: not sure what size trailer I need

Hi,...I have a 2004 ElectraGlide Classic and have a trailer. I bought a 10X6 trailer that had the front wheel yoke and the 4 tie downs.
It's the perfect fit. I am in it every day and just can't imagine it fitting right if it was any smaller. I have about 1 ft in front and about another ft.behind it. I don't know where you are but if you need a company that focuses on these I know a very good company. My trailer is an enclosed, and I keep her in there always. Also one other thing. I had the taller splash gaurd put on it whick helps the cleaning alot.

Good Luck and if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
jbporter
3rd Gear

Depends on if you are going to solely use it for your motorcycle and what storage room you have. I bought a 8x14 utility trailer from Tractor Supply for about 1200. It was the only thing I could afford at the time, and had a rear ramp already. I would not trade it for anything, I have used it for tons of stuff other than my bike. I just bought a tight fitting cover for long trips instead of an enclosed trailer.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my bike, then bought a f 150 long bed. I figure, if I ever need to haul it (and my leg is broken), I could just put it in the bed. I haven't measured it, but I am sure it will fit, although the pipes may hang off the end. Anyone ever try to load a rk into the back of a f150? Seen some ramps that have a hump in it. Is that what I would need? Off topic, but thought I would ask.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:44 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I have a 6x10 V-nose Road Force trailer,the V-nose adds 34" of space to the overall , I have no tie downs or wheel chock installed in mine,i'm using it as a storage shed from spring till fall to keep my bike in.(no shed or garage)
I've had it 2 years now,parked in my driveway,might not be a bad idea to registar it and install tie downs and a wheel chock at some point.Mine is chained through the frame to a large eyebolt cemented into the ground,and I had my alarm company tie it into my homes alarm system,via both the side door and rear ramp,if it is unplugged or a door opened, it sets the house alarm off . my system is monitored as well,so the cops do show up rather fast(small town)