Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stretched fender license plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 04:46 PM
RoadKingfan
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stretched fender license plate

Hi all, I am adding a new rear end to my Road King this winter and was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion regarding the license plate frame? I purchased a rear kit from ebay that I really like, have the bags mounted and am currently working on mounting the fender. I purchased a license plate frame that has brake and turn signals, but the curve of the fender is greater than that of the license plate frame. I contacted the vendor I purchased the fender from and they do not make a license plate frame for this particular fender. I started mocking up a bump out frame to build into the frame/fender before I send it out to be painted but was wondering if anyone else might have done something different?

Old 12-24-2016, 09:29 AM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

looks like you could machine the back side of that license plate frame to match the fender?

or dremel....taking your time.

How much arch is in the fender where the license plate resides?....looks almost flat?

Last edited by mrmud4x4; 12-24-2016 at 09:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RoadKingfan (12-26-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 09:54 AM
sabunimwil@gmail.com
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingfan
Hi all, I am adding a new rear end to my Road King this winter and was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion regarding the license plate frame? I purchased a rear kit from ebay that I really like, have the bags mounted and am currently working on mounting the fender. I purchased a license plate frame that has brake and turn signals, but the curve of the fender is greater than that of the license plate frame. I contacted the vendor I purchased the fender from and they do not make a license plate frame for this particular fender. I started mocking up a bump out frame to build into the frame/fender before I send it out to be painted but was wondering if anyone else might have done something different?

That's a great looking *** on her. Great job. I want to see finished pics.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:11 AM
RoadKingfan
4th Gear

Thanks for the reply, the curve is a little less than the middle part of the fender within the recess, but still a little more curve than the license plate frame. I was hoping that there might be a company that sold some sort of adapter plate for different license plate frame curvatures but have not found anything yet.

Originally Posted by mrmud4x4
looks like you could machine the back side of that license plate frame to match the fender?

or dremel....taking your time.

How much arch is in the fender where the license plate resides?....looks almost flat?

Old 12-26-2016, 09:12 AM
RoadKingfan
4th Gear
Thanks for the kind words, I will for sure post some pics as she progresses.

Originally Posted by sabunimwil@gmail.com
That's a great looking *** on her. Great job. I want to see finished pics.