Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DANNY GRAY BIG SEAT.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM
stewaps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANNY GRAY BIG SEAT.......

Do any of you fine folks have a DG Big Seat on a Road King yet? If so, your comments...

Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 PM
bigdogg
6th Gear
Default RE: DANNY GRAY BIG SEAT.......

Im curious of this seat as well, looks like it puts you a few inches back from stock and a little lower too. Anyone have one ?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Hollywood
Banned

I'm also looking into this seat. It does look like it will sit you lower and further back. I'm trying to decide between the big seat which is a solo and the Danny Gray Long Haul 2-up XL.

If anyone has or gets the big seat please post a pic. I really like the way this seat looks.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:58 PM
bigbrokah
Cruiser

I have one on order for my '07 FLHR... shoulda had it last week, but that's another story. I'll post a pic when (if) it arrives...

Old 07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

I have one on my '06 Street Glide. I know it's not a RK, but maybe my 2 cents can help you out... I have the Big Seat with semi-custom stitching (stitch pattern #7) and biker gel. I ordered it direct from Danny Gray. It looks awesome and has been extremely comfortable on rides up to 3 hrs. Usually about the time I need to stop for gas, I also need to get off and get some blood flow to my butt. I'm 5'10 and it's very comfortable on my legs while riding and my legs are slightly bent when I stop. I does lower me closer to the ground than my stock seat and it does push me a little further back from the bars. The only thing I needed to do was re-position my highway pegs about 1.5 inches lower so my legs were stretched downward more, took a whopping 10 minutes. I also bought the matching passenger pillion for those times when I may need it and it fits easily in my saddlebag when not in use. It requires a phillips head and a 9/16 to attach. I also got the Big Seat with the optional backrest docking port in case I wantto get a back rest in the future. I felt it was bettera better valueto leave that option open rather than limit myself.

I've gotten many compliments on the seat since I put it on in February. Almost everytime I park it near another rider they comment favorably on the seat.

I would recommend it and I would also recommend buying direct from Danny Gray. Sherry handles the orders and she is great to deal with and she can offer you more options than you'll get in the biker mags. She quoted me 4-6 weeks to manufacture and ship, but it arrived in just 3.

I paid 580.00 total, for seat, upgrades and shipping. Pass. Pillion was ordered later and was about $180.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

I'm out of town right now, but I can post a pic when I return. Danny Gray's web site has a ton of pictures though

Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Hollywood
Banned

Where does the seat mount? Which passenger pillion did you get, the small or the large? Can you also post a pic from the rear of the seat? Thanks!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

Sorry, still out of town, but I'll work on the pics.

The seat comes with a "T" bracket mount. The wide part of the "T" has a hole in each end that fits over the studs under the stock seat. The long oart of the "T" has a threaded stud that the rear tang on the seats mounts to and screws the seat down. Hope that maked sense. I got the small pillion as I don't ride 2 up very often.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have one on my flhx same seat as the roadking seat same here verry happy with it looks good rides good dont have pics yet but if you guys need them I will take some. I also did the stiching in blue to match my bike.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:14 AM
bigbrokah
Cruiser

Just got mine today, I had to call 3x in the last week and threaten negative feedback, but for about $370 including the large pillion and shipping I guess I shouldn't complain too much... The bigseat is a lot more form fitting than the stock seat, really cups yer butt. The foam is real thin and firm and dense compared to stock but because of the contour it really is comfortable. You feel more "in" the bike vs on top of it, if that makes sense. Hopefully I'll be able to put some miles on it this weekend and see how it/my butt fares on longer rides.

Quick Reply: DANNY GRAY BIG SEAT.......