Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Rack Bag suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 10:14 PM
BBobJ
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Luggage Rack Bag suggestions

Can anyone recommend a luggage rack bag for a Limited? I have been thinking about the Harley collapsible one, Part Number 93300009, but am wondering if there are better bags to choose from, it doesn't metter to me if it is collapsible or not.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had the tour pak premium (I think it's called), part 93300006 for quite a few years now. I absolutely love it. It has a hard liner so it retains its shape. It has an attached rain cover that tucks in a side pocket and is simple to pull out, roll over the bag, and then put away when not needed. It attaches rock-solid to the rack with the straps on all 4 corners and doesn't move. Pretty decent amount of space for a fairly small bag.

I use it on quite a few trips to Michigan and camping trips. I wouldn't sell it for full-price if somebody offered, I like it that much. It's not cheap but order through one of the online companies (Jon at horny toad for example) and save 20% + no tax

Old 12-15-2016, 03:26 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,123 Posts

I can recommend you read through this thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-you-have.html

Old 12-15-2016, 04:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I suspect you are going to get two schools of thought on this one! I use the genuine H-D soft bag. Our main use for it is to carry surplus riding gear while touring, so it may be almost empty on occasions, or stuffed full! I use straps to hold it down and collapse it as required.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:51 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,646 Likes on 1,072 Posts

BBobj, what are your intended uses and desires with this bag?

You say it doesn't matter if it's collapsible or not. In which case, why not then go with a hard bag? Hard bags are generally far more waterproof, but they aren't nearly as removable. As well, the likes of a neoprene stuff sack from REI. Far cheaper than the Harley bag, truly waterproof, easily removed, but garish in color and tends not to color coordinate.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:32 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Nelson-Riggs have some nice bags.

I have a luggage rack/back rest bag from them.I think the P/N is CB950.
Lots of room.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:12 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,633 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Welcome from NC.

The T-Bags seem to be popular around here. You can find them here.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

look at your local classifieds- or even your sports store for any duffle.

I use a "Sac" bag, which were sold by H-D years ago, it velcros in place ( for airwing rack, the center strap has to be split to work around the center bar).

it is water proof ish.

the rack has a limited capacity- I use my bag for a sleeping bag, light jacket and maps.
loading this may bust the lid off the hinges if you try opening the T/P with the weight of the bag on it.

I use the large T bag on the pass seat- my touring luggage came off my local classifieds cheep- super cheep. when a rider gets out of the game, they just need to clear the junk out of the garage.

remember to pack heavy stuff as low as you can and balanced side to side.

here's a pic from a month long trip- T bag on seat, sac bag on rack

tent, camping/cooking gear...kitchen sink, even had a shower bag with me- used it for myself and to heat water to wash the bugs off the bike!

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 12-16-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:12 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome to our forum, we can help you spend your money, and help with information.

T Bags, may also make a bag that you can use. They have many sizes and shapes to choose from. Harley has a lot of bags that will work too.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:26 AM
GregD
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBite
I have had the tour pak premium (I think it's called), part 93300006 for quite a few years now. I absolutely love it. It has a hard liner so it retains its shape. It has an attached rain cover that tucks in a side pocket and is simple to pull out, roll over the bag, and then put away when not needed. It attaches rock-solid to the rack with the straps on all 4 corners and doesn't move. Pretty decent amount of space for a fairly small bag.

I use it on quite a few trips to Michigan and camping trips. I wouldn't sell it for full-price if somebody offered, I like it that much. It's not cheap but order through one of the online companies (Jon at horny toad for example) and save 20% + no tax
I agree. I have had one for 3 years and it is a great piece of luggage.

Quick Reply: Luggage Rack Bag suggestions