Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pak Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:17 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel Pak Help

I have version 12.

I know you can 'send in' your unit and they will re-flash it for you with the latest firmware... but you are talkin 'bout a couple weeks time. I'd rather just buy another and sell the orig on ebay.

You can get the FPs for around $200 on ebay (brand new ones).

Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 AM
chl11
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Adam at V&H and got some new settings to try, and they had also just updated the setting numbers for my combination; so I used the new setting numbers with the options that Adam gave me. Got 42 mpg at interstate speeds today with minimal power reduction. I'll run it this way for the time being, as it seems to be a reasonable combination. Thanks to all of you who responded.
CHL

Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a FuelPak on my '07 RG with Sammie Slip on's & Ness Big Sucker... So far it's working GREAT 40+ mpg (and I ride her hard)... Have installed a few other on friends Putts with the same results??? Have a PC on my RK and not overly impressed with the results???

Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

only issue I had with my V&H FP was it was going from whatever throttle position I was in immediately to 0% when letting off the throttle. with my RH TDs it was losing the pressure and getting pops. Some more violent than others. Not every shift or engine-decel... but often enough it was pissin me off.

I'm running the latest version of the FP as well. I ended up changing mode 23 from 16 to 15 so it wouldn't cut the fuel so violently when backing off the throttle. Ended my popping with my RH TDs.

Not sure how the FP would have to do with the changes in fuel for #1 and #2 cylinders and how you are running one too lean or one 2 rich. Since the FP only ADDS fuel to the equation .... I would tend to think it would add it for both cylinders.

Only thing off the top of my head about running too 'rich' at higher speeds (not sure what gear you are in) but if your RPMs are 'up' perhaps you aren't getting enough air in the intake. Maybe look at getting the K&N filter for intake and see if that happens. I think they are around $40 (from what I've seen posted here) and hear they give better airflow than the SE A/C.

That would be my suggestion is to change out the air-intake filter to see if you can increase the amount of air to mix better with the fuel being added.
Change mode 23 from 16 to 50 and the decel popping will go away. All the HD settings for all the diffrent pipe configurations on mode 23 are set at 16,the change from 16 to 50 on mode 23changes the way the fuel pack reacts with the factory ECM, it does not richen or lean anything out. I talked with Adam at V&H after hearing this information from another person and he confirmed that it is ok to do and will solve the decel popping. Worked great on my 07 RKCwith the fuel pack& V&H Oval mufflers along with the stage 1 A/C unit.

I also average 40 + miles per gallon, around 42 most of the time.

Take Care,
Bill G

[IMG]local://upfiles/22932/F0DC9DC6CD5A43DEBFA441F73B5B8C89.jpg[/IMG]