Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rearended today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 PM
jeeper101
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Got rearended today...

Sitting in traffic on the Garden State Parkway, guy on a commercial van must have been texting. Front of the bike must have gone up 2 feet in the air, I got tossed up and backwards if that makes any sense, then landed right on my feet. The bike didn't have as muck luck as me, so it ended on its side.
As I was tossed and while trying to make sense of what was happening, I fought gravity with every part of my body. I guess at one point or another we all think about these type of situations and how one would react... it doesn't matter, your body/mind sort of takes control and goes on full survival mode.
Some how I was able to land on my feet and not my *** or back.
All I can say is thank God I am alive and well, all because his mercy and grace. I feel a bit sore but not a scratch on me.

Amazing thing is, road was packed with bumper to bumper traffic, yet not a soul rolled down the window to offer help or asks if I was ok.

Stay safe out there!!!

The following users liked this post:
jerseyjeff62 (12-15-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 05:09 PM
dodger413
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

so how is the bike ???

Old 11-18-2016, 05:10 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Dude. So glad that you are okay.

As for no one stopping, same thing happened to a close friend last month. On a country road, he hit a large raccoon and went over the handlebars. Luckily he was wearing a helmet as his head hit the pavement first. Bike was in the ditch, and he was stumbling around trying to get hold of what just happened. Yet several cars passed and did not stop. He was badly road-rash'd, and in pain, but managed to call 911. yet no one stopped. The ambulance was the first one on the seen.

I can't imagine!

Again, so glad you're ok!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM
151fire
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn that sucks, glad to hear you're ok tho!!!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,614 Likes on 22,705 Posts

Dayum!!!!
Did you call the police, ambulance, go the hospital, get checked out any of that?
Man that REALLY SUX!!
Sorry for you, had that happen to me before too.
Stay on top of this as you will probably feel much worse and the full brunt of it in a couple days.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:14 PM
ElectraJim
Road Warrior

Received 658 Likes on 357 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok. Did the guy that hit you even get out and offer to help or apologize?

Old 11-18-2016, 05:20 PM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Man, this is my worst fear. I always sit in gear ready to go. I got chased down the shoulder on the Garden State Parkway on the way to the shore by a Jeep while sitting in traffic. The knucklehead head was f-ing around with his friends. Wanted to beat the s**t out of him. Then I thought why ruin a beach day. Brother just stay alert and remember the cages don't care about us!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:23 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 569 Likes on 396 Posts

Hope the njsp arrived quickly. You should have gone to the hospital....ya never know. Hang in there.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:23 PM
jeeper101
Tourer

Thanks guys,I rode the bike back home. Enough damage but all fixable I think (hope)
Rear fender, tail light and turn signal bar all got mangled, the left side saddle bag got scraped on the side and dented, chrome guard is bent on the back from impact and side is scraped.
Front highway per got mangled, same side mirror and the mid and front crash bars got scraped.
I am taking it to a shop tomorrow afternoon to get an estimate on the damage and to have them go over the bike with a fine tooth comb to make sure I don't miss anything.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:32 PM
jeeper101
Tourer

Originally Posted by ElectraJim
Glad to hear you're ok. Did the guy that hit you even get out and offer to help or apologize?
The guy was just as shaken up as I was. My first reaction was to go to his window and yank him out of the van. But I got there he had his head in his hands and started apologizing, tho at first didn't want to get out of the vehicle... He was VERY apologetic and couldn't do enough to help with the bike and anything I needed.
I will see the Dr probably tomorrow and have x rays taken just in case, but so far it all seems fine.
Bike will be put together ASAP at his or his insurance cost, all will be well.
Just glad to be alive and well. Again, this sort of stuff goes thru my head every now and then, specially in traffic. I always have my eyes on the rear view mirrors because of this very reason. As I said, it takes a split second...

Quick Reply: Got rearended today...