Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rearended today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 11:26 AM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

don't let the bastards get you down

Old 11-19-2016, 01:39 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Glad you survived.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:38 PM
jeeper101
Tourer
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks all for the best wishes. Didn't know about the death of one of ours on here, very sad and terrible news. I guess we can only be so carefull while riding. I tend to be or at least I'd like to think that I am a very defensive driver, and I have avoided more accidents this year than I care to admit, but at the end, only so much is up to us.
I took the bike to get an estimate, should have it written later or Monday. Guy said ball park $2500-3000
As far as my own body goes, I was surprised to barely be sore this morning.
I was on the excavator moving dirt and rocks pretty much all morning, jumping in and out without much fuss.
Seeing the dr on Monday anyway.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:04 PM
patriot2500
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper101
Sitting in traffic on the Garden State Parkway, guy on a commercial van must have been texting. Front of the bike must have gone up 2 feet in the air, I got tossed up and backwards if that makes any sense, then landed right on my feet. The bike didn't have as muck luck as me, so it ended on its side.
As I was tossed and while trying to make sense of what was happening, I fought gravity with every part of my body. I guess at one point or another we all think about these type of situations and how one would react... it doesn't matter, your body/mind sort of takes control and goes on full survival mode.
Some how I was able to land on my feet and not my *** or back.
All I can say is thank God I am alive and well, all because his mercy and grace. I feel a bit sore but not a scratch on me.

Amazing thing is, road was packed with bumper to bumper traffic, yet not a soul rolled down the window to offer help or asks if I was ok.

Stay safe out there!!!
Glad you're okay bro. GSP is the worst road!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Groucho1
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

As long as your replacing the rear light set...consider a unit that flashes when you apply the brakes...It does make a difference.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Groucho1
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

As long as your replacing the rear lights, consider a unit that flashes when you apply the brakes...it does make a difference.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Max2015RGlide
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Getting rear ended has been a huge fear for me as well and I've therefore just finished this lighting set up .....

Old 11-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Bville-Bud
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Very glad you are OK. I have two friends who got rear ended at intersections also. One was minor, one was not. This is a big reason why we need lane filtering laws to make us safer.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:49 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 4,820 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Belleville toll plaza, up north. I got all his info and a statement form the guy, pictures of the DL, insurance card, and the accident.
As long as there is no damage in my body due to the accident and the bike is fixed correctly, I will be happy.
How unAmerican. Are you a commie?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:59 AM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Thanks all for the best wishes. Didn't know about the death of one of ours on here, very sad and terrible news. I guess we can only be so carefull while riding. I tend to be or at least I'd like to think that I am a very defensive driver, and I have avoided more accidents this year than I care to admit, but at the end, only so much is up to us.
I took the bike to get an estimate, should have it written later or Monday. Guy said ball park $2500-3000
As far as my own body goes, I was surprised to barely be sore this morning.
I was on the excavator moving dirt and rocks pretty much all morning, jumping in and out without much fuss.
Seeing the dr on Monday anyway.
What did the good Doctor say? Glad you are here to tell the story.

Quick Reply: Got rearended today...