Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rearended today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok. I got tapped in the back in a parking garage once. Driver "didn't see me". I've put one of these on since and it has made a big difference. Very attention getting.

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/...&category_id=1

Old 11-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Blues2
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad your able to type. You described the dynamics of my own rear end accident back in September. Prepare to be sore tomorrow and for a few days. I had to hold my head to lean back for a few days. Bike is still being repaired, nothing with paint from rear or left side made it. Somehow still waiting for the other party's insurance to determine fault and reimburse my deductible as I chose to file through my insurance to expedite the process. I'm told the timeline is typical. My neck still gives me trouble but I never went to Dr. I'm not looking for a profit, just want my bike as it was before being struck. Good luck to you.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:37 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper101
Bike will be put together ASAP at his or his insurance cost, all will be well.
if he was driving a commercial vehicle, then the company's insurance should be picking up the tab. make sure everything item that got a scratch on it, gets replaced.

good luck, glad you weren't injured.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:44 PM
jp49
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

i am happy you are ok.... it happened to me back in the 70's . i was at a stop sign and a young lady hit me when i was moving up to the sign ... i was so pissed scared the crap out of me (i can imagine how you felt.) i got off the bike she got out of her car i started yelling she wet herself... and i felt like crap looked at the bike a minor dent to the luggage rack ... (yea yea it was a honda)... i told her fergetaboutit...... i felt worse for her than me.... again glad you are safe.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:28 PM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 975 Likes on 559 Posts

Jeeper. So glad to here your ok. Same thing happened to me over 20 years ago. I was the only one sitting at a red light and got rearended in the same way. Ended up on the hood of the guys car and was sore for a few days, but was ok. Unfortunately, my bike was messed to a point of being unrideable. As i was crawling off the hood of the guys car, all I could think of was tearing his head off. Turned out he was just heading home after working a double. He was extremely apologetic. I actually ended up feeling bad for the guy.

We unfortunately just had a death here last week... School bus turned left in front of an oncoming harely rider.
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/l...114791478.html

Watch your six out there guys.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:32 AM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper101
Belleville toll plaza, up north. I got all his info and a statement form the guy, pictures of the DL, insurance card, and the accident.
As long as there is no damage in my body due to the accident and the bike is fixed correctly, I will be happy.
Glad you are ok, would be awesome if someone got it all on their dashcam.
You would become an internet hero!

Also happy to hear that you are being very cool about not wanting
a "new house" out of this like someone else posted.
People need to be compensated, but there is just too much of these
dreamer types of lawsuits going on these days.
Bravo!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,214 Likes on 7,376 Posts

Wow glad you are okay. That is amazing how you landed. I guess the guy saw you and tried to stop before hitting you or you would not have been as lucky.

It makes me so mad that law enforcement is not all over texting like they are drunk driving. I see so many close calls every day and cars constantly weaving. Yet in a case like yours I bet they don't even care if he was texting or not.

I bet you will be sore in a day or so. Good luck!

Old 11-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Mobeus102
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Replace the brakelight with a bright led light !!!!!!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 223 Posts

Any time you are hit get the police there for an accident report. It's the only proof you will have to assign fault. Never trust the other driver. There are too many cases where the guilty driver later denies they had anything to do with the accident. Or in some when the guilty party puts the blame on you then sues to collect...and wins! You may feel sorry for the sobbing shook up driver who just took out your vehicle. But their insurance company, assuming they have one, will do everything they can to avoid liability. And if injuries are involved. And no police report? You will likely be on your own.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:45 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of getting treatment...

Years ago I was T-boned in an intersection driving my Dakota pickup, the other driver ran a red light & was ticketed for it. Like others here, I was beat up & extremely sore, but no broken bones or the like, truck was totaled. I was reluctant to go for any treatment.

A lawyer at the the time told me.... without injuries there are no damages, without treatment there are no injuries. If you waive treatment now you waive any claims in the future.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Quick Reply: Got rearended today...