Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Road King Classic Fuel Injection Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Handcuffs1%er-PMC
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barrybasinger
Order from your dealer. The Harley service replacement ECM for your bike is made by S&S, and can use the S&S VFI software and tuning processes. It presents the mm TPS/RPM cells rather than the S&S ones, but other than that, it is the same for all intents and purposes. It can use the HD mm throttle body, or any other that is dual throat, without firmware updates.

Your dealer has maps for stock, stage I and II tunes that would have been available from the dealer, and they're really not too bad. If you run across a dealer that doesn't speak mm (and there are many out there), and can't supply you with one of the maps, contact me through this site and I'll send you one.

The software and the ECM are very flexible, and can handle about anything you'll do in the future, but this unit is kinda rare out there, and there are not many around who are familiar with it. (It is not exactly a unit to learn EFI on, and the fact that you have mapped a couple PCIIIs does not mean you can jump right onto one of these). Can be fussy about idle and warm-up settings, too.

If you were thinking auto-tune, note that auto-tune option for this unit is narrow-band only. This is fine for stock bikes and can be made to work with stage I bikes, but requires some added thought and creativity when going beyond that.

On the other hand, if you wanna stay with EFI, you don't have a lot of easy options...
Barrybasinger, can you explain a little more detail or give me a call regarding the upgrade improvements you’re talking about cell 412-983-0582, thanks! I have a 2000 Road King police edition with a MM EFI which has been bored to a 95”. I have woods racing cams with a 630 lift. I also have the PC5 on it. Idle fluctuates when it warms up. Thanks for your help, Handcuffs 1 %er