Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy up? Not so much

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Olds34dude
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy up? Not so much

Question, I just installed an EZUP stand and I can't get it up (pardon the expression) but seriously, if the bike has been lowered will it make a difference with the stand, I just got the bike and I don't know if it is actually stock height, a friend said he thinks his feet are flatter on it than on his '09. It's an '11. Any thoughts?? Any one using the stand with a lowered bike , I did check the air pressure, put it up over 30 and it didn't seem to make a difference. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2016, 05:20 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

I am using the ez up with air ride and when it is lower than around stock ride height it will not go up. sounds like you have the wrong stand or bike has been lowered

Old 11-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Kburgad
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

I've got one on my 09, it goes right up. Almost can just push the stand down without pulling the bike back.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:01 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

EZ Up makes 2 stands, 1 for stock height, one for lowered bikes. if you put the stock height stand on a lowered bike it is almost impossible to get it up or get it down.

if you put a lowered version on a stock bike, it will not stay up.

check the number on the stand and call Ez up. they can tell you.

https://wheeldock.com/pages/ez-up-information

Last edited by bigskyroadglide; 11-08-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Olds34dude
Intermediate

So do I cut the legs and weld them back on ! I don't remember seeing anything about sizes on their site but I had really not considered it an issue, the one I bought I bought on eBay, hardly scratched, $150 and I get my money back! I guess I could carry a block of wood around to park on to lift it. Hahah thanks for the replies!

Old 11-08-2016, 06:43 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

There are different heights on their page. If you have one for a stock HD, you have a CS-09. I've had these one 4 bikes now and they did feel a wee bit diff from bike to bike but not much. If youre trying to lift the bike and doing it correctly it will work with a little effort. Now if youre putting a 7/16'' piece of plywood under the stand to get the rear wheel off the ground, it does take some serious beef and be off the bike to do that

Old 11-08-2016, 07:32 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Olds34dude
So do I cut the legs and weld them back on ! I don't remember seeing anything about sizes on their site but I had really not considered it an issue, the one I bought I bought on eBay, hardly scratched, $150 and I get my money back! I guess I could carry a block of wood around to park on to lift it. Hahah thanks for the replies!
i pasted the web link in my response

https://wheeldock.com/pages/ez-up-information

Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 AM
Olds34dude
Intermediate

The only thing I can find on the stand is -4 on the flat part that hits the ground, pad I guess- I was kind of leaning away from the EZ because of the lack of adjustment, but with the reviews so good and all, I just wish there was a front mounted stand as I used to use on the older bikes, put your foot down, pull back, done!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:36 AM
jrat69
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Road King has been lowered front & back, I have the lowered stand. I stop the bike, put the kickstand down, get off the bike, put the center stand down, grab the saddle bag rail and lift. Before I lowered the front I could put it on the stand while I was on the bike and ride off when leaving. Now I have to get on the bike and rock it to drop off the stand.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,745 Likes on 19,292 Posts

I can put mine on the stand while sitting on the bike with "Red" ( my better half, who is better than half ... don't tell her I put that in print :>( ) sitting on the bike too. I'd say you might have the wrong unit.

The following users liked this post:
RiverB (11-09-2016)

Quick Reply: Easy up? Not so much