Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? About Techron Injector cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Default ? About Techron Injector cleaner

Will Chevron Techron injector cleaner concentrate stabilize fuel?
Weather just took an abrupt turn for the worse and just put an ounce per gallon in my SG.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:29 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,797 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Don't think Techron is a fuel stabilizer more a fuel injector cleaner. I 've used Startron ethanol treatment in all my bikes and in in the spring they seem to work up a little easier, especially the carb bike. I also use it regularly. Plugs look good and bikes run pretty good.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:51 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonwinegar
Weather just took an abrupt turn for the worse and just put an ounce per gallon in my SG.
===============

No,cleaners of that type are not designed to stabilize pump fuel esp with ethenol in it.

I have been using Sta-bil's " Marine Grade " fuel stabilizer in my motorcycles ,classic cars,mower,snoblower etc for yrs with great results 7 never an issues.

But you have to properly treat vehicles fuel system wise for winter/off season storage because if dont then you can have issues even when using fuel stabilizer.

* REMOVE FUEL OLD FUEL & THEN REFILL WITH FRESH FUEL TREATED WITH
1.0 OZ MARINE GRADE STABLE PER 5GALs PUMP FUEL.

* THEN RIDE THE MOTORCYCLE FOR APPROX 8-10MILES TO ENSURE THE FRESH TREATED FUEL HAS BEEN INTRODUCED TO THE ENTIRE FUEL SYSTEM.

* THEN SHUT THE MOTORCYCLE DOWN & COVER IT WHEN IT'S COOLED DOWN ENOUGH TO DO SO.

THEN THE BIKE SHOULD BE FINE FUEL SYSTEM WISE WHEN YOU RE-FIRE IT UP TO 1 YR FROM THAT DATE.

I also rec fully charging the battery 1x every 2.5-3wks of so vs leaving maint/float charger on the battery 24/7 that can in some cases (NOT ALL) lead to premature battery failure.

Lastly,dont start the bike/motor every once in a while too because that leads to excessive moisture buildup in motor & crankcase along with also carbon fouling the plugs and more carbon buildup in general in combustion chambers too.

NOTE,STA-BIL RECENTLY UPGRADED LABELING ON MARINE GRADE FROM 1.0 OZ PER 5 GALS FUEL FOR OFF SEASON STORAGE & 1.0OZ PER 10GALS PUMP FUEL FOR IN SEASON USE TO NOW 1.0OZ PER 10GALS FUEL.

I would not trust the 50% weaker 1.0 marine grade sta-bil per 10gals pump fuel called " in season " treatment dose to keep fuel fresh for up to 1 yr and not gum up the fuel system/injectors/carb/fuel filter/elec f-pump,etc.

Thats why I am staying with (& rec) the 1.0oz per 5 gals fuel fuel dose rate for off season storage because i have had great results using that dose rate thus know for a fact it works well with no issues at all vs the revised 50% reduced/weaker dose rate on newer labeling .

I contacted/emailed sta-bil online asking if they revised their marine-grade sta-bil when they removed the 1.0 per 5 gal off season dose rate from label on newer revised product label and they told me nothing was changed that would enhance or reduce the products effectiveness or length of time it protects fuel from spoiling/phase separation.

So to be safe i rec sticking with Sta-Bils older rec of 1.0oz marine-grade sta-bil per 5 gals pump fuel for off season storage because i know it's rock solid reliable when used @ that dose rate when used as i rec above.

Happy Motoring.

Scott

Old 10-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

Thanks Scott
Too much trouble to drain..
Looks like I'm going for a long(hopefully not wet) ride tomorrow after work..
Lol

I've always used the lucas stabilizer products but I'll try the marine grade this winter.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:16 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 110 Posts

No need to drain, just fill it up and add fuel stabilizer. Run long enough for the treated fuel to get down to the injectors and call it done. Fresh oil for storage is a good idea too. It's also best to store with a full tank to minimize condensation.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

Thanks for the reply harkon..
I was more worried about mixing the two and it's full now..
I'll ride it down and add it at a quarter or less
And then fill it.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:09 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,627 Likes on 1,624 Posts

try and ride it all you can during the winter.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:40 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonwinegar
Techron concentrate has it's place, but fuel stabilizer is not one of them. I use Startron, it does more then Sea Foam or Stabil. My opinion.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Uncle Fuzzy
Road Captain

I wasn't attempting using the Techron for a stabilizer..
I added it to clean deposits. Was asking a general question due to a weather change ...
Where I live, it's a toss up this time of year if the fill your getting today is the last one still spring

Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 898 Likes on 526 Posts

I've been using Stabil marine 360, I like the idea of protection above the fuel line....call me a sucker for good marketing, lol.

Quick Reply: ? About Techron Injector cleaner