Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is a dust magnet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:20 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My bike is a dust magnet!

ORIGINAL: TXjammer

You guys mind taking a little advice from a Sporty rider?? IT'S NOT A COLLECTOR'S ITEM! Ride that thing like you stole it, and let the WIND blow the damn dust off!!!!!!!!! Peace and I'll see ya out there!
Oh how I wish it were that simple TX. The wind does not blow the dust off, it clings and I do use lemon pledge, but to no avail. Guess I'll have to take your other advice and just ride it and forget the pollen dust, as you say in Texas: it ain't goin' anywhere nohow.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My bike used to be silver, and it always looked clean, even after not washing it for months and months. Now that it is black I just accept that it will have some dust on it. If that is my biggest problem today, I have it pretty good thinking about the worlds problems in general. My life is good...

Old 05-27-2007, 02:35 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: yoopermjm

What if anything can be done? I detail it and two hours later I can write my name on the bags and tank, this if I park it in the garage or in a parking lot. I've tried Lemon Pledge, which some say is a dust mag, so I switched to the honda cleaner with the exact same results. Do I just have to wait until summer or is there something which will repel pollen? I'm doing the "blessing of the bikes" tomorrow for the local memorial day run, about 500 bikes should be there. Just detailed it AGAIN, put on the cover and closed the garage door. Hoping for the best for the morning...
Some of the quick detailers, like Mother's, claim they have an anti-static ingredient. Seems to work okay for me, but my Black Cherry SG still attracts dust. I think keeping it off completely is a hopeless quest.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM
zorro
Cruiser

Drop the: If it's dusty, - I won't ride it, till it's lusty, attitude - and just enjoy your MC.

Who gives a rat's *** what it looks like -

Can't keep up with all the Billy bad ***, pretty boy poser's - anyhow!!! Unless your one of them just ride the "f-ing" thing! These kind of asswipes "I've got loud pipes, look at me, I'm a real man, a bad ***, a hell's angel" - LOL -[sm=grinangel.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

one; don't detail it and then always keep it in the wind.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:27 AM
05flhpi
Advanced

Its like wipein your a$$ and expecting the paper to stay clean. It just aint gonna happen. Its the nature of the beast. One tip, my saddle bags get it the worst, I leave them open in the garage, it cuts down on surface dust a lot.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 AM
zorro
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 05flhpi - Its like wipein your a$$ and expecting the paper to stay clean.
So you look at the paper? LOL [sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
05flhpi
Advanced

ORIGINAL: zorro

ORIGINAL: 05flhpi - Its like wipein your a$$ and expecting the paper to stay clean.
So you look at the paper? LOL [sm=forgetit.gif]
Gotta look, yell never know when its clean. Sometimes its like gettin peanut butter out of **** carpeting!

Old 05-28-2007, 12:22 PM
zorro
Cruiser

After a hard night at the ole' Gin Mill - I bet[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-28-2007, 09:14 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

For those interested in this phenomenal BRITEMAX stuff, here is where I got it:

https://store.tmbcompanies.com/produ...spx?itemid=963

This guy is awesome - ships the same day you order - got mine in ~ 3 days.

Checked with the maker/manufacturer of Britemax out Peabody, Mass. - this TMB retaileris totally 100% legit.

GREAT SERVICE and GREAT PRODUCT to boot!!!

Dave H.

PS: To you "dirty riders" - I envision my two wheeleras a one-of-a-kind classic vehicle and clean/wax itevery few weeks -Britemax has helped me reduce that dependency - 15,000 miles, three seasons and it still looks better than showroom - still getting complements too. Most think it is brand spankin' new. Never fails, when I am at a show/rally, there are always dudes checking out my ride in the parking lot!!!

Quick Reply: My bike is a dust magnet!