Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is a dust magnet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: My bike is a dust magnet!

ORIGINAL: RanD
Who sells the 'BriteMax?'
I wrote the company to see if there are anl local dealers but it looks like it can be purchsed on line through 3M.

[align=center]http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...pray-shine.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-26-2007, 03:44 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

how do you get crap off the black matt finish on the block???
S100 Engine Brite or something like that, will make that dull matte look like new.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Captain Richard's Best is what I use. Can use it on any part of your bike. Shine gets deeper and brighter the more times you apply it. I clean and detail my ride once a week. I have dust after a ride but stays pretty dust free sitting in my garage after a cleaning.
http://www.badtothebom.com/welcome.htm

Old 05-26-2007, 03:59 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Pig spit for the wrinkle balck on the block. Get it at the stealer.I like it better than the s100 engine brightener.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I started using the Turtle Wax Ice, My dust problem is way down from what they were. And now I can blow it off or let the wind do it. I dont like using a California duster, it will scratch the paint unless you wash it after each use. I quit using them on my Street Rods. Its like rubbing your hand on the dust or dirt. IMO Dan

Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

Lemon pledge.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dgriffith

Since I started using the Turtle Wax Ice, My dust problem is way down from what they were. And now I can blow it off or let the wind do it. I dont like using a California duster, it will scratch the paint unless you wash it after each use. I quit using them on my Street Rods. Its like rubbing your hand on the dust or dirt. IMO Dan
Unlike some of the other products mentioned, this seems to not be too pricey. Do you use the spray detailer or the liquid polish or both or what? I'm thinking of trying some.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:37 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer

ORIGINAL: kpb46

Yooper, when I started reading your post I couldn't help but laugh. I said to myself "this guy has got to be in Mich". I live in mid Mich and feel your pain. Thats why I bought a pearl white Ultra. That and the water spots from well water when washing. Which I do a lot cuz now you can see very stinkin bug that hits the front of it. I had street rods for awhile and swear by the California Duster. They make a small one that will fit nicely in the trunk. Oh ya..Honda polish on the bugs between washings
It's maddening isn't it? Literally in less than an hour you can write on the bags, tank or fender. I swear I even pick up dust while on the road. This doesn't happen on my cars, which mostly I could care less about, just my ultra. ??? Going to try the turtle wax ice mentioned above once I hear which product to get. I'll let you know. My daughter is going to Central Mich. this fall, treat her right down there...

Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ride it in the rain.....it'll clean the dust right off.
Mine doesn't collect dust.....just dirt.
If you wash it more than once a month you're wasting water

Old 05-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised that no one else picked up on the fact that you were using Honda cleaner on your bike. It's a wonder it will even start after using that stuff! Don't ever, EVER, use Honday stuff on a Harley-Davidson! For one thing, it will void your warranty. For another, keep that up and we're sending folks over to confiscate that bike!

Quick Reply: My bike is a dust magnet!