Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoggchopps Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hoggchopps Lowers

I just finished installing a pair of Hoggchopps lowers on my Street Glide. Some of you may remember a thread I started a week or so ago about painting lower fairings and if $130 was a reasonable price. I won these hoggchopps on Ebay as a set of primered lowers, they offer to paint and clear them to match my Black Pearl Street Glide at a price of $130. Well I can report that it was definitely a GREAT deal. The paint match is as perfect as my eyes can tell. So here's a few pics for those ready to whip out the "this thread is worthless without pics" icon. I'm still getting used to the look of the bike with the lowers. I'll probably start to really like them once I get a chance to take a ride with them on. For those interested the total price I paid was $320 including shipping. Their regular price for factory matched painted lowers is $329 plus shipping. Here'sa link to theirwebsite www.hoggchopps.com.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hoggchopps Lowers

They look nice , and the pictures are great too.
They look like they would be great in the colder months here in upstate NY.
Look like better knee protection than the factory lowers too.
Nice looking bike.
Mick

Old 05-26-2007, 12:06 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice---great looking bike

Old 05-26-2007, 09:22 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I think they look very nice. The design is different enough to set your bike apart and still has nice flowing lines for the bike. I put a set of black vented lowers of a brand new Ultra onmy SG from a member on here who took them off at the dealer before taking delivery. I love them. I think it finishes the look of the SG, mostly because it goes with the theme of not having any tacked on parts on them, reflectors, chrome etc. Yours do the same. If you have ridden yet, wait till you do. I can't imagine owning a bike without them now. It makes for a very smooth ride.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

How much do they change the air flow around the rider? Do they create a different air pocket? Getting lowers installed on my RG.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

They change the air flow a lot! You will love them.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the compliments. I finally got out for a ride with today. They definitely make for a smoother ride. My only complaint is that now I can really feel the heat coming from the rear cylinder. I guess it's a trade off, heat from the cylinder or having my legs blown off of the footboards at highway speeds. The only other thing about these that I don't like is that the back side is so open, unlike the factory lowers which has the option of adding the glove compartments. I may consider fabricating some sort of covers for them. I have a little car stereo fiberglassing experience and I may try to add some speaker pods or something.