Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me outa buying a Road King

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016 | 04:06 PM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Thingfish
The Road King is a great bike. No brainer if you can keep your Sporty...you WILL miss it otherwise.

+1 on that. I loooooove my RKC, but I do miss the Sportster for tearing around town on.

Old 09-29-2016 | 06:38 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by crazytown

+1 on that. I loooooove my RKC, but I do miss the Sportster for tearing around town on.

Just take the windshield off. The Road King handles so well, you won't know the difference.
The Spotrster isn't an option for me. 6'3" 245.

Old 09-30-2016 | 01:31 AM
jerryt87
Road Master

Originally Posted by SWMB
Well I finally gave the phone call and put a deposit down on a 2017 black Road King. All my dealers are about a 3 hour drive and I'm busy this week. Rudy the owner slash salesman of the dealership is away next week so it'll be a couple long weeks before I get to ride it. I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and when I get it I'll try and learn how to post a picture.
Awwww. We failed!

Old 09-30-2016 | 04:05 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Here is a list of negatives I've compiled against the Road King:

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (09-30-2016)
Old 10-02-2016 | 03:14 PM
Brucecmc
Intermediate
Default Do it!!!

You'll never regret it bro. Told myself in 2014 when i buy, I'm buying a king. THEN while in the shop, went back and forth. RK, Streetglide, Heritage. Decided RK was it. 2 years later, I've rode the other 2 and DO NOT regret my decision.

Doing a little customization (bagging it) and I love it.

Attached Thumbnails Talk me outa buying a Road King-image.jpeg  
Old 10-02-2016 | 03:26 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

Originally Posted by SWMB
Well I finally gave the phone call and put a deposit down on a 2017 black Road King. All my dealers are about a 3 hour drive and I'm busy this week. Rudy the owner slash salesman of the dealership is away next week so it'll be a couple long weeks before I get to ride it. I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and when I get it I'll try and learn how to post a picture.
Good news indeed! Let's hope you still have good riding weather in two weeks time.

Old 10-02-2016 | 03:30 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Sorry I cant convince you since I own one. It's one of the best bikes out there. A lot more versatile than the rest of the line up.

If you want a touring bike with no infotainment, this bike is for you. The infotainment system is rather useless and not really needed. You can easily add music by putting a headset on your helmet and not annoy people around you with whatever shitty music you like to play Rap, country, R&B, oldies, classic rock. No one wants to hear that **** at full blast.

Can you imagine seeing an old white guy playing F the police by NWA on full blast? Yeah, me neither.
One of the most annoying things out there is having a group pull up with you and every damn one of them have different music (mostly crap) going at full blast with crappy speakers so they distort the sound even more.

The following users liked this post:
ranger351w (10-21-2016)
Old 10-20-2016 | 09:11 PM
karlkcfi
Cruiser

I went from an XL1200L to a Dyna FXD to a Dyna FLD trying to make my wife happy. She does not like the FLD so test rode an Ultra Low. She loved that but I did not like how heavy the front end felt. Today, I stopped at Harley for a helmet clip and test rode a 2016 Road King. Wow! The front end felt nimble like my Dyna Switchback and it was smooooth going down the highway. Talked the dealer into installing a sissy bar for my wife and adjusting the handlebars so that I can try it with my wife on back tomorrow. She doesn't know it yet, but I am ready to trade. Plus I got a great offer on my trade in and a killer price on the King. Payments again for a few years or my first good bonus that comes along.
I vote for the King.

Attached Thumbnails Talk me outa buying a Road King-img_1163.jpg  

Last edited by karlkcfi; 10-20-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2016 | 09:37 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

I saw a Road King just like that one at my Dealer the other day, told the salesman "That bike right there is the closest thing to a Classic that the MoCo makes today".
Sharp classic colors, excellent choice.
Of course I am biased; I had a Granny that had a 1957 Chevy Belaire in that exact color!

Old 10-20-2016 | 09:48 PM
Ben E
Road Captain

Congrats on new King.

Quick Reply: Talk me outa buying a Road King