Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch recall 2016 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016 | 02:18 AM
Stage II

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I just purchased a new 2016 in late July. Love the bike. Took it in for the 1000 mile service and was told about the problem and the recall. Okay why was I not told before I purchased the bike as the recall was in effect????

Then they tell me no problem there is only an issue if the bike sits for a long period of time, like over the winter. Then they tell me to bring the bike back in and they will have to have it for two days to see if there is a problem!

I call BS. If there is a recall I want it fixed "Period". They tell me no problem they will put me on the list. I asked what list? Then they tell me they can only order a limited number and repair kits a week, like maybe three and they have 200 bikes to fix and the new bikes on the floor under the recall get fixed first. Again I called BS mine is a new bike. Well they tell me the rules changed after I took delivery of mine. Now four weeks later I have heard nothing. Was by the dealership and there are only about a hundred ahead of me.

Hurry up and wait! I am very aware of it however and I am always prepared to pull the front brake and hit the kill switch if is fails to disengage.
same thing happened to me... took it in for the 1K and surprise!!! Clutch recall, quarantine for 24 hours!!! I was pissed I walked right over to the operation manager office and asked him if he sold me a bike with a recall on it... he looked it up and the answer wa s yes... okay well since you can't fix things before you sell them to people I want a rental and you are paying for it!!! We can do that... I was actually dumb founded that it was that easy. The rental was an ultra low and it was like riding a toy, I was so happy to get my bike back!!!

Old 09-30-2016 | 02:27 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Onedef1
Bette question is why is HD having such a hard time figuring out a hyd clutch? It's been years. Should be a non issue.
Harley always screws up anything the Japanese bikes have had for any length of time. Remember the vacuum fed petcocks? I made a few thousand dollars replacing those. But back then, many dealers had wait times for service. I was dong easy stuff quickly for a lots of RUBS.

It's simply amazing to me that people with doctorate and master degrees cannot read a manual and do something.

Last edited by Goose_NC; 09-30-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2016 | 08:00 PM
jayc2640
Intermediate

They replaced my gas cap after I complained. There were a couple of times I didn't think I was going to get it tightened after a fill up. I told the service guy and he said they had a lot of complaints about it.

They also had to keep my bike for 24 hrs for the recall.

Old 09-30-2016 | 10:32 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

My Fat Boy S was kept overnight too, I got the recall about 3 weeks ago, of course the day after it's 15k service so it had to go back.

Old 10-01-2016 | 08:18 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

They did my clutch last week it was no big deal no drama. I had put it off of awhile . The home toggle switch had spotted working so I dropped the bike off with no appointment and they took care of both under the warranty and recall. Bike was done the next day.
Never understood why some seem to have nothing but dram when it comes to getting anything done with their Harley.

Old 10-04-2016 | 04:20 PM
07FXSTOki
Tourer

They checked mine when I went in to get a new gas cap. Couldn't get it off and once I did with a pair of channel locks I couldn't get it back on. The Dealership in Battle Creek MI said bring it in and we will check. Had to keep it 24 hours like stated.

Old 10-04-2016 | 11:19 PM
banddirector
Road Master

After I got the recall notice, I made an appt. with the dealership that sold me the bike. Since it's about 150 miles away, they didn't do a quarantine - - they just did the recall repair and sent me on my way. Took about 2 hours ...

Old 10-05-2016 | 12:58 PM
rcn1963
Tourer
Default Easy fix...

Some of you guys must have sucky service departments at your dealerships. During my 10K service, they noticed the finish on my clutch reservoir was peeling. When i brought the bike back to have that replaced, they knocked out the recall as well in about an hour and a half. And it's not that they cut corners. I've never found anything wrong after a service

Salem Harley in Salem Oregon.

Old 10-05-2016 | 01:29 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

deja vue all over again. 2014 owner. two clutch mc rebuilds in 2014. think they would learn.

Old 10-10-2016 | 06:40 PM
maxgraphix
Former Sponsor

Had ours done a couple weeks ago. the dealer had it 48 hours. I didn't have any issues either, but wanted to get it done before winter.

Quick Reply: clutch recall 2016 Ultra