Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this 17 RG is a game changer

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016 | 10:09 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Congrats on a new bike! It would be fun and exciting to buy a new M 8. The only thing that would be nice "for me" is less engine heat. Im more then satisfied with current power and power band and a ride quality that is superior to anything HD offers.

Old 09-10-2016 | 10:17 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Harley's are wonderful bikes.
Each of them have their attributes.

Congrats on the new ride.
Post some pics.

Old 09-10-2016 | 10:17 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

I can understand the game changer reference. You hear that every day when someone posts here all excited that they upgraded their engine from a 96/103 to a 107 etc etc. People love it, and they should.

So this is a new engine finally after 16 something years. The engine is not at the end of it's life cycle where about every square inch of HP/TQ has been squeezed from it. Out of the box it's a better running and performing engine and no one knows much about it, what it can do, what it's capable of. Just wait.

I was going to wait until 2018. I rode a M8 and instantly traded... can't wait to see what Fuelmoto does with this thing because in stock form it's WAY better than the engine that it replaced.... In about every way too.

Last edited by lp; 09-10-2016 at 10:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MrHd1 (09-13-2016)
Old 09-10-2016 | 10:38 AM
Hephaestus
Road Captain

Congrats on the new ride MasterBlaster. I can totaly relate to everything you said.
Have fun on that new bad dog and show it to us, we would love to see it!

Old 09-10-2016 | 10:47 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brewdog
Game changer? That's almost funny. The CVO was and is still very slow compared to other STOCK motorcycles on the market. The whole power game the MOCO plays is nothing but market deception at its best. You are still well under 100 HP and well under 100 foot pounds of torque. The MOCO hasn't come up with ANY NEW engineering standard to measure performance with all their jargon. People continue to get sucked into the lies. The latest is the "tire shredder kit" WTF kind of stupidity is that. I would buy another Ultra because I like the bike but they need to do more in the engine department than continue these baby steps that absolutely don't keep up with the market. "There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum.
Yeah........kinda sucks. Bike owners that purchase the newest, baddest bike built today. Don't under the ability of the aftermarket.

Since their (H.D.and all others) inception. For marketing purposes only, better to spoon feed us a little at a time. Only way to keep selling, new and improved products.

New and improved........

All in all, always happy for the guys getting new bike. Congrats!!!!!!

Last edited by jt metal; 09-10-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2016 | 01:51 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad you're happy with the new bike! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't abit jealous.
The m8s are certainly bringing out a wide range of opinions. On man says game changer, another says it's castrating the HD rider.
Personally, I think it's more evolution than revolution.
I do wonder if the 17s are destined to be considered another bastard year, much like the 07s often are. After all, the 18s are susposed to introduce a new frame and who knows what else. That will leave the 17s being a kind of half breed, not really one or the other...

Old 09-10-2016 | 02:20 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

I can appreciate your opinion.... But my old 2006 Road King Classic with slip on's and a Fulsac true dual conversion (no intake mods), with me on it 200lbs and bags filled with rain gear and general crap simply walks the fvck away from my buddies 2006 Dyna with a PC3, intake mods and pipes.

Last night, literally..... 60mph roll on i just kept walking him... Every single time.

So yes, some bikes are just quicker, faster... Whatever.

Good luck with the RG. I still want an RGS.... But my clunker 06 is paid for

Old 09-10-2016 | 02:25 PM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Congrats...
EOD sir.

Old 09-10-2016 | 07:53 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior

i wonder if harley released an air cooled 130 hp new production engine if it would be reliable and actually go 100k miles without any major malfunctions? If your an hp junkie then buy the current bike and have a blast building it. for me. a simple stage one or two is suffice for me and most likely the majority of HD riders. Thats probably why the MoCo dosnt build a production fire breather IMHO.

Old 09-10-2016 | 08:18 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Read a review from revzilla and lemmy states that the new engine has top end power also. Whereas the Twinkie falls off at the upper rpms

Last edited by vizcarmb; 09-10-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: this 17 RG is a game changer