Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 CVO Street Glide Colors - only one option with chrome! :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Eagle240
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2017 CVO Street Glide Colors - only one option with chrome! :(

Im debating on going in and purchasing a new CVO street Glide, basically fell in love with the Orange and Black combo this year and happy the Moco offering the combo.

Once at the dealer, i found out of the 4 colors being offered, ONLY the Cobalt Blue comes with the chrome accents, and every other color offered comes with black accents.

Of course I asked the sales rep if the Orange could be ordered with the chrome accent and was told it would all cost more - a LOT more!

IM new to the CVO world, but im assuming the way they come is it... unless you want to PONY up some serious dough above and beyond the purchase price to make it all chrome.

Looks like ill be waiting to see if they offer a orange CVO with chrome accents and no black in 2018,or 2019. I cant see dropping 38k and not getting what i want. Heck maybe i will get lucky and they will make a orange shark CVO with chrome... I would be all over it.

Seems silly .. someone spending this kind of dough should be getting option of chrome or black on the bike!

Old 09-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Four options to consider come to mind:

1. swap pieces with another person who has chrome but wants to black out their M8.
2. Send your stock pieces to a chrome shop like Wiley Shiney.
3. Want for the aftermarket chrome pieces like PM to be introduced.
4. Find a more accommodating dealer who would do one the above for you to make the sale without any up charge.

If the can't live on the build in $8500 gross profit on the deal I'd just smile and move along...

Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle240
Im debating on going in and purchasing a new CVO street Glide, basically fell in love with the Orange and Black combo this year and happy the Moco offering the combo.

Once at the dealer, i found out of the 4 colors being offered, ONLY the Cobalt Blue comes with the chrome accents, and every other color offered comes with black accents.

Of course I asked the sales rep if the Orange could be ordered with the chrome accent and was told it would all cost more - a LOT more!

IM new to the CVO world, but im assuming the way they come is it... unless you want to PONY up some serious dough above and beyond the purchase price to make it all chrome.

Looks like ill be waiting to see if they offer a orange CVO with chrome accents and no black in 2018,or 2019. I cant see dropping 38k and not getting what i want. Heck maybe i will get lucky and they will make a orange shark CVO with chrome... I would be all over it.

Seems silly .. someone spending this kind of dough should be getting option of chrome or black on the bike!

Old 09-08-2016, 03:17 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

...... just cuz they call it 'Custom Vehicle Operations' doesn't mean you can get a custom vehicle

Old 09-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Eagle240
Tourer

as you can see the blue paint scheme is the only CVO with chrome wheels, chrome rocker boxes, chrome primary cover, hand controls, and so on...etc etc etc...

all 3 other colors only offered with black and contrast cut wheels.

Its kind of shitty of the MoCo to only offer that way, you would think it would be offered both ways. And it would be VERY HARD and labor intensive to ask someone else to switch out al of their chrome from their bike for a swap.

it is what it is.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:45 PM
smalls78
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

This cracks me up! First thread I've ever read where folks wanna change black parts to chrome and the MoCo only makes them blacked out, lol. You now how much money I spent to rid my chrome parts and go to black?? Damn Harleys....get ya everytime!

Old 09-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Eagle240
Tourer

Originally Posted by smalls78
This cracks me up! First thread I've ever read where folks wanna change black parts to chrome and the MoCo only makes them blacked out, lol. You now how much money I spent to rid my chrome parts and go to black?? Damn Harleys....get ya everytime!
I completely understand your point, to each their own. I was just hoping the orange color combo would have had the chrome accents. I guess the moco realized they would make more money from the black crowd if they sell em black, and then the MOco can make even more money from the chrome junkies to remove the black parts.

Win WIn for HArley.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Just curious, do you believe your sales rep? He's full of ****. If that were the case everyone would be making changes. Bite the bullet, buy the bike & change out parts to chrome.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Eagle240
Tourer

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange

Just curious, do you believe your sales rep? He's full of ****. If that were the case everyone would be making changes. Bite the bullet, buy the bike & change out parts to chrome.

Yes in this instance i believe the sales rep, i dont always, but in this case- Why wouldn't i?

They would probably charge another 5k to switch all the parts over the chrome.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 922 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange

Harley dealerships are very accommodating, as long as the financing goes through. It would go like this, you buy the bike, you tell them you want xyz in chrome, they install xyz in chrome, they charge you for the parts and labor. The end. Sales guy was right, it would cost more.... a lot more.

Quick Reply: 2017 CVO Street Glide Colors - only one option with chrome! :(