Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:26 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

It won't be long before the EPA starts to pay a courtesy call on some of the after market muffler and head pipe makers to "counsel" them on the evils of messing with current noise and pollution laws. The fact that they chose to nail the MOCO and make an example out of them should serve notice to the rest of the industry to be very cautious on what they plan to market in the future for highway riders. Slowly but surely the aftermarket for performance parts is going to by dying out. The EPA is here to stay. Distasteful, isn't it?

Old 09-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Back-n-Black
Club Member
Received 432 Likes on 230 Posts

Some real tin-foil **** going on in here....

The following users liked this post:
dribble (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 11:37 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

We will have our 2017 Jackpot mufflers & 2/1/2 head pipes available hopefully in October. They are already in production.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Ashnic (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 12:23 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,747 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We will have our 2017 Jackpot mufflers & 2/1/2 head pipes available hopefully in October. They are already in production.
Nice... I've never had a HD with a warranty... so don't shoot me for asking, but will this void the warranty since HD is being so strict about aftermarket stuff due to EPA?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by texaswiz
It won't be long before the EPA starts to pay a courtesy call on some of the after market muffler and head pipe makers to "counsel" them on the evils of messing with current noise and pollution laws. The fact that they chose to nail the MOCO and make an example out of them should serve notice to the rest of the industry to be very cautious on what they plan to market in the future for highway riders. Slowly but surely the aftermarket for performance parts is going to by dying out. The EPA is here to stay. Distasteful, isn't it?
I sincerely doubt it. The MoCo, as the vehicle OEM, has a responsibility to the EPA. It's part of being a vehicle OEM in the US. Such is the case for all imports as well. If you want to sell a vehicle in the US, then you gots ta follow the rools! The aftermarket has a different responsibility to the EPA. I am not saying it will never happen, I'm just doubtful it will be any time soon. Remember that companies like V&H manufacture for many other brands. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW, KTM, Piaggio and all others didn't catch the ire of the EPA, because they don't provide non-EPA certified performance enhancing devices that have their own brand on it. The dealers are still happy to sell you anything out of the Parts Unlimited catalog without fear of retribution. Lots of non-EPA stuff in there. Such will remain the case for a while yet is my bet.

If not, Canada is less restrictive, at least for the moment. For some small consideration I'd be happy to bootleg the stuff for you ... LOL.

I think the drama can stop for now. Relax, life is waaayyy too short.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

RCX has their slip-on's ready for the 2017. There is a vid on youtube. Hollow and tinny like the SE slip-ons I heard the other day. I have yet to hear anything on the 17's that have the deep tone of the twin cam. I am frankly, a little surprised to see the amount of people jumping on this new bike not knowing whether it will have that classic sound with pipes.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 PM
rperk60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was told by my dealer any modifications that require u to remove the
headpipe will void your warranty. U can still get the classic sound but it will void your warranty. Its a new world and it sucks.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:06 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by rperk60
I was told by my dealer any modifications that require u to remove the
headpipe will void your warranty. U can still get the classic sound but it will void your warranty. Its a new world and it sucks.
The EPA is power mad with lots of help from ,,, well on here I cant say it. I do hope things change and some one will bring the EPA down a little. The EPA should be more reasonable.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

At my dealer yesterday I test rode a '17 RGS with Screaming Eagle stage 1...AC, slips ons, tuner. I thought it sounded good. Deep tone, and certainly louder than stock, but still perfect for touring. Is it as loud and crisp as my V&H Big Shots on my Dyna or Pro Pipe on my FXR? No, but it was damn nice. I would certainly consider them if I were buy a '17. I'm sure Fuel Moto will provide a nice product and some stiff competition also.

I was very doubtful of the M8 being too sterilized when I first read about it, but my personal experience was very positive. It's still very much a Harley in both feel and sound. Does it match my Evo? No, but no TC got particularly close either. My '16 RK was the nearest. With the improvements I'd say the M8 is as close as they've been for many years.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought the slip ons TAB.Performance sells sound pretty good that converter needs removed bike puts off some heat in 90 degree heat.There is a youtube video for the TAB. slipons.

Quick Reply: 2017 Slip ons