Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my DK Head breather kit. Leaking oil at the push rod now.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 04:44 PM
buffettphan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
It just doesn't sound like the external breather system is causing your problem,Carl,but I could be wrong. Do you have a filter or catch can, on the end of your breather hoses? Where is it located on your bike? (close to that pushrod cover?) Can you post a photo of the system,mounted?

When you had the cams and lifters changed out,did you re-use the stock cams or stronger cams?
Clint
Hi Clint,

I am using the catch can. I ran it so it sits just behind the backer plate of the air A/C. Shows just a little. The A/C has always weaped a little oil after i did the stage one kit. I just dealt with it not knowing these external breathers existed.

The cams were done about 1000 miles ago. They are new stock cams from a 103 high output. Within 100 miles i found the out was coming out of the push rod, I just could not convince the dealer of that. So when I completed the external bypass yesterday and then went for a ride, noticed more oil than ever I went straight to the dealer and they finally beleaved my as the A/C was bone dry. The have taken the push rod apart and found a torn O ring. Im just glad something was actually found. Looking forward to a oil free ride!!
Thanks for all your help and patients!

Old 09-04-2016, 09:54 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Probably just co-incidence, When you did the cams/lifters you may have pinched/cut one of the O-rings on your tubes.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
The following users liked this post:
just plain john (09-04-2016)